Chapter 71: The Stranger

DARA's POV

"Harabeoji?" I exclaimed when I saw the old man from the bus station. That's why the cane he's holding is very familiar.

"Hey there, sulking kid." He said when he finally saw me. Omg. I can't believe this. My jaw dropped just by looking at this old man in front of me. I remember that time when he scolded me at the bus station when I was waiting for the bus to arrive. He gave me an advice I would never forget. Sadly, it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be.

"If I'm a big block of ice, I already melted because of your staring frenzy. You're ugly when your eyes are that big!" I heard him say and that pulled me out of my trance in a snap.

"Hey, stop calling my friend ugly!" Min-jun suddenly said as he stared back at the old man. His eyes turning into tiny slits.

I tapped his shoulder and smiled at him reassuringly before signaling him to go. He looked at me and I nodded as if saying it's ok. He stared dangerously back at the old man before turning to leave.

I occupied the seat in front of where he is casually seating. "That your boyfriend?" He asked and shook his head.

"No, he's my friend. A very KIND one." I said, making great emphasis on the word kind for him to hear it clearly.

"Kind? Did you see how he looked at me?Tsk!"

"That's because he's defending me from a very KIND old man." I retorted. Sheez! From There I thought I was happy to see him but I forgot how mean this old man can be.

"Hey, watch your language. Didn't your parents teach you how to respect people older than you?" He said and that caught me off guard.

Parents? Is he kidding me? Well, I have Appa with me and no one else. Before I let him get into my nerves, I'll just ask what he came here for.

"What's up? Why are you here anyway?" I asked as calm as I can possibly be.

"Why? Can't I eat here? I heard that this place serves the best food in town." He said as he grabbed the menu sitting on top the table. He started scanning what's written on the menu before finally speaking up. "Ah. There it is, one Tteok-bokki please."

I'm speechless. I really can't comprehend what's running inside his head. I mean why is he here and why did he asked for me? How did he know I work here?

"I just know." And that blew my mind. Did he just read my mind again?!? "I told you I'm not a mind reader. Your ugly face just gave it away." He answered again and went back to reading the menu.

Omg. Maybe this old man knows witch crafts or something. Before I could think of anything else, i heard him shouted.

"Tteok-bokki!!!"

I suddenly stood up and saluted. "Right away Sir!" And immediately sped off to the kitchen. That grandpa is one hell of a monster.

--------------------

BOM'S POV

I'm panicking. Like really. The engagement party is in three days and the plan is not yet finalized. "Damn it Jiyong! Pick your freakin phone up!" I cursed inside as I walk back and forth while calling him. I understand his situation at the moment but I need to tell him what's happening.

"Any luck?" I halted as I heard a deep familiar voice behind me.

I looked back and saw Seunghyun's intense stare as if he already knew what was going on. "Uh-uhm. No. I can't reach Jiyong. I think he's having a hard time getting the leech off of his skin." I answered. I stared back at my phone and tried dialing again when he stopped me by snatching it away from my grasp.