Chapter 49: It's Official

DARA'S POV

"I love you too..." My mind went blank upon uttering the words I've been keeping inside me. I felt him stiffened when he heard me say it.

He pulled himself from the tight embrace and held me in an arms length to look at me clearly. "W-what d-did you say?"

"Nothing!" I instantly answered and looked away as I felt heat crawled up to my cheeks.

"No. You said something. Say it again." I looked at his face and I can already see a smile forming on his lips.

"Not my fault if you're deaf." I stubbornly said and looked at anywhere but him.

"Come on, Dara. Say it again. I want to make sure I'm not dreaming." He said as he cupped my face to make me look at him.

Another wave of heat burns my cheeks the moment I saw his hopeful eyes, waiting for me to say those words again. Aisht. Didn't he know that I'm already dying here because of too much embarrassment? "Fine. I said...."

"Hmm?"

"I said... I...Lo...."

"What is it? Hmm???"

"I Lo..." I saw his face gleaming at me as he waited. "I Love to go home now." I said. His face instantly turned from hopeful to deadpan expression. I want to laugh at his reaction right now, he's so cute.

"Ok. If you don't want to say it. Let's go home. I know you're tired." He said looking dejected. He took my bag lying on the ground and turned around to head back to the car but I didn't let him make it to three strides before granting his wish.

"I love you Kwon Jiyong." I said and that made him stop. He was frozen for five seconds until he slowly turned around to face me. A wide grin is now plastered on his face and before I could utter another word, he immediately strode towards me and hugged me.

"I'm so happy, thank you." I heard him said beside my ear and that made me smile. I know how he feels because that's exactly how I'm feeling right now. Happy and contented.

——————

"So...Are you two together now?" Bom asked the moment we sat on the table at the cafeteria to have our snacks. She was wiggling her eyebrows at me while giving me a knowing look. I told her last night what happened to me and Jiyong over the phone. I almost gone deaf because of her loud squealing upon learning about it.

I shifted on my seat, feeling uncomfortable with the topic. I'm really not used to this kind of conversation. "No, I mean I don't know. We haven't talked about it yet."

"But you said you both exchanged I love you's to each other? That's all you need Dara." She said as she started munching her favorite snack in the world, yes corn.

"Really? No confirmation at all? I mean, isn't that a little bit assuming to say that we are together?"

She looked up and stared at the ceiling as if thinking deeply while waving her spoon like a wand. "Well, it depends really..." She stared back and looked at me suggestively. "Why don't you ask him?"

"What?! Are you out of your mind? Why will I do that?" I exclaimed, shocked at what she said.

"Why not? How will you know your status if you won't ask him?"

"That's embarrassing Bom! I can't believe you'd suggest that. Aisht!" I shook my head and massage my temple. My head is starting to hurt right now.

"Speaking of the devil..." I heard Bom said as she shifted her gaze towards the door of the cafeteria. My heart began to pound inside my chest when I saw Jiyong and Top suddenly materialized. Jiyong smiled when he saw us and immediately made their way to approach our table. "If you won't ask him, I will." I heard Bom whispered before finishing her corn.