Chapter 28: The Pageant(Part 2)

DARA'S POV

We arrived at the auditorium and the whole place was packed with people, running here and there, fixing the stage for later's program. I roamed my eyes further and saw that the other contestants were already here, preparing their outfits.

"Hi Dara!" I heard someone called and when i looked at my back, i saw Jaejoong walking towards us. He casted his gaze downwards and when i followed where he's looking at, i saw that it was directed towards my wrist that was still being gripped by Jiyong.

"Hey Jaejoong." I greeted back as I tried to wiggle my hand free from Jiyong's grasp but failed miserably. "You already met Jiyong right?"

"YYYeah. Hey bro." Jaejoong greeted but Jiyong's face remained impassive. He was staring... no, slash that, he was glaring dangerously at Jaejoong as i felt his grip on my wrist became tighter every second. I think my blood circulation is gradually stopping and my arms will lose its feeling due to major clotting any minute now.

I cleared my throat to capture Jiyong's attention but there's no luck for he's not planning to take his gaze off of him. I looked at Jaejoong and he's emanating the same aura as Jiyong's. Oh God, please don't let these two get in a fight. When Jaejoong took one step forward, my panic button instantly turned on and did what I thought was the best thing to do, stand in the middle.

"EHEEEEM!!!" I cleared my throat again, much louder this time for them to stop their staring battle and prevent the impending danger that's threatening to happen. I finally caught both their attention as their gazes shifted to me at the same time. "Are you guys ok?" I asked even if i know they're not. I just can't think of anything else to say to divert their attention.

"Yeah. We are." Jaejoong was the first one to answer. I glanced at Jiyong but he's giving me a confused look on his face.

I thought our current situation was bad enough but the universe must have hate me so much that it added another challenge to strike me with. All our attention were immediately directed to the most irritating voice I've ever heard.

"Hi guys!!!" The b*tchy witch yelled as she made her way towards us. The three of us fell silent as we stared at the devil standing right in front of us.

"Hey Krystal." Jaejoong was the only one who greeted which she failed to acknowledge for her attention was focused only on Jiyong.

"Hi Jiyong." She greeted but Jiyong paid no heed for he diverted his attention back to me. I looked at him and sent him eye signals to please act normal as if he doesn't know anything about their plans. Unfortunately, he stubbornly ignored my pleading looks.

He shifted his head back to Krystal and smirked which didn't go unnoticed. "What's up?" He said nonchalantly but his eyes says differently. What the hell is he planning?!?

Krystal fidget on her spot and looked surprisingly shy as she glanced at Jiyong. Her cheeks are blushing which obviously looks like she's crushing on him. So, is this what its all about? "Uhmm, nothing actually, I...I just want to greet you before the show for... for goodluck. He he." She laughed awkwardly which Jiyong returned with a smug grin. Is this the real Krystal i know?

"Oh, I see. Well...." Jiyong intentionally let his words hang and just when i thought that he will greet Krystal and wish her luck, he quickly darted his gaze back to me instead. He then cupped my cheek with his right hand while intertwining his other hand with mine. He stared deeply into my eyes and leaned his head forward before he continued "...Goodluck Dara. I know you're going to win this."