Prologue

26.01.1996

It was dark as he made his way through the cold streets of Boston.
He doesn't bother to close his leather jacket as he walks out of the alleyway and onto the main road.
His black hair hangs into his eyes and over his ears. He really has to cut it again soon. Maybe he'll change the colour too.
It'll help him to not get recognized after what he'll do in a few moments.
His hand shoots to his pocket where he hides his butterfly knife to check if it's still there. It wouldn't be the first time that someone stole his weapons.
The cold metal touches his hand and he grins.
This isn't the first time he's doing this and it won't be the last.
Being 18 forever is a favour that has its price. Every time he found him he kills him. He kills his soulmate. The person he should love and age together with. He kills him. His age depends on the time Wonho needs to find him. His name changes too but it's always similar to Daniel or Changkyun.
This time his name is Daniel Im. Wonho found him about a week ago and made a plan.
Tonight he was out with friends. Wonho will make him drunk and then drag him into some alley where he can get it done without anyone noticing.
Maybe it'll take one or two days until he is found.
Wonho doesn't care.
He never did and he never will.
As it gets darker he arrives at the club he knows Daniel will be at. Innocent and without knowing that it's the last night he'll be alive.
He showed the guard at the entrance his ID who looks at him shocked when he sees the date he was born. Physically Wonho was 18. Not old enough to enter a club but mentally he was much older.
The guard lets him in and he walks up to the bar to get a drink.
It's dark in the club and smoke fills the air. Hot bodies pressed together on the dance floor. Women with clothes that didn't even exist when Wonho was born. Women were worthless. That was the first thing he learned in his life. The second one was about the soulmate system. Everyone had a soulmate. Everyone stopped ageing at 18 and everyone starts to grow old when they meet their soulmate. That's the whole thing.
Just that Wonho had found a way to live longer than most people. Instead of trying to find his soulmate to grow old with them, he tries to find his soulmate to kill them, so he can stay young forever. It only works when you kill your soulmate yourself. He knows that from certain contacts he has. If someone else kills them, you'll start or continue ageing.
As soon as he got his drink he spots him at the other end of the room. His brown hair was hanging loose around his head. His dark eyes were scanning the crowd and Wonho could see that he was out for fun which was a thing Wonho could use to get him away from the crowd.
Daniel Im. A 23 years old college student who likes to rap in his free time.
Slowly he walks through the crowd and makes sure the younger notices him. Wonho was confident in himself.
Dancing against other hot bodies while he never breaks eye contact with Daniel.
It only takes about ten minutes for the other to leave his spot and approach Wonho on the dance floor.
The music was horrible but when the brown-haired boy grabbed Wonho by the waist he didn't care about music at all. They danced together for a while. Their bodies pressed together while Daniel's hands made its way to Wonho's neck. Wonho himself got his hands on the other's waist trailing down to his ass slowly. Their lips find each other and they soon turn into a hot make-out session.
Wonho breaks the kiss.
"We should go somewhere more private", he whispers into the younger's ear.
Daniel just nods and leads him out of the club.
"My car is near here. We can go to my place", Wonho suggests.
"Sounds nice", Daniel says and pulls Wonho in for another kiss.
"Come on."
Wonho takes the other's hand and leads him into an alleyway.
"This doesn't look like a parking place", Daniel says unsure.
"The parking spot is at the end of this alleyway. A friend of mine suggested it because it's usually empty", Wonho explains and Daniel doesn't notice his lie and follows him deeper into the dark.
"You know this is getting scary now", Daniel mumbles and Wonho turns around.
"I'm sorry. I didn't remember the way was so long."
Daniel nods and shivers because of the cold. That's when they arrive at a dead end.
"What the-"
"What do you think about the soulmate system?", Wonho asks out of the blue.
"I don't really know. I guess I don't like being 18 forever. You know? I want to grow old and if you have a person to grow old with it's even better", Daniel blurts out unsure of the way to put his words.
"Well, I don't think like you, Daniel."
"Wait, I never told you my na-"
"It's nice to stay young and live forever. I'm old enough, I know what it's like", Wonho explains.
"How old?"
"Old enough", Wonho says and grins devilish.
"You know there's a way to not grow old."
"What way?", Daniel asks and Wonho was sure he was thinking of a way to get away as fast as he could.
"You kill them. You kill your soulmate. It only works when you yourself kill them. But...the problem is that a new version of your soulmate is gonna be born the moment you kill yours. So you have to kill them again and again. A good thing is you can pick the birthday of your soulmate."
Daniel stays silent.
"I decided that today would be a good birthday for my soulmate."
"What...? What are you talking about?"
"I'm sorry, Daniel but I'm not like you. I don't want to grow old. I don't want to age."
"Let's talk this out, okay?"
Wonho laughs. He knows he sounds crazy.
"I'm sorry", he says again.
Daniel doesn't notice the knife. He couldn't react when the sharp blade enters his body. A scream leaves his mouth as his life leaves his body.
"I'm sorry."
Even though Wonho always acted like he didn't care tears start to flow down his cheek. A sob escapes his lips as he pulls out the knife and runs away as fast as he could.
As he runs he cries harder. He doesn't want to admit it but it hurts. It hurts to be so cruel towards the person you should love.