Dancing

24.12.1943

"Come on, it's just a little party!", Wonho says and drags Kihyun out of the house.
"It's gonna be fun!"
Kihyun hated parties. Wonho always dragged him along to them.
"Why do we have to go?", he whines.
"Only because of that guy you met?"
Wonho nods and smiles.
"You think he's you're soulmate?", Kihyun asks. He would be happy for Wonho. He himself didn't found his own yet and as far as he knows Wonho didn't either. That's why they're traveling around.
Right now they're in Japan. The language wasn't as hard to learn as Kihyun thought and after two years he was quiet fluent.
"Maybe", Wonho says. Yes, Kihyun would be happy for him but he would lie if he'd  say he never hoped Wonho and him would be soulmates.
"But I'm not gonna dance!", Kihyun continues to find a way out of that situation.
"Kihyun, you'll come to that party with me and you'll dance with me!", Wonho states and opens the car door for him.
"Okay", Kihyun finally gives in.
He would do anything for Wonho. They were best friends after all.
They arrived at the house the party would be in twenty minutes later.
Wonho opened the door for Kihyun and lead him inside the house. It was more like a little palace. Of course this friend of Wonho was rich.
It was already full of people and the music was horribly loud. Kihyun could already feel the headache he would have later.
"Come on, let's dance", Wonho shouts over the loud music and drags Kihyun onto the dancefloor.
Showing affection in public wasn't something people liked to see these days but everyone here seems to be really young and drunk so Kihyun didn't mind it when Wonho pulled him closer by his waist.
"Did you saw your little crush already?", Kihyun asks Wonho but he shakes his head.
They end up dancing for almost two hours before Kihyun gets Wonho outside to get some fresh air.
"Oh god, there he is", Wonho whispers and Kihyun looks around for the black haired guy Wonho was after.
"Go talk to him", Kihyun suggest but suddenly Changkyun was already in front of them.
"Hey, Wonho", he says and Wonho smiles.
"Hi."
But suddenly Wonho doesn't look happy anymore. He looks around and Kihyun does too. Was there something Wonho heard?
Kihyun notices how they were the only ones outside and screams when he notices the knife in Wonho's hand.
"Wonho, what the hell?!", Changkyun shouts but Wonho's already up. The knife slit Changkyun throat before Kihyun can do anything.
"Wonho! What...what have you.....what have you done?"
Kiyhun crawls away from his best friend. He's frightened.
"Kihyun, I kept this a secret from you since we met but I thought you deserve the truth", Wonho says.
"Changkyun was my soulmate and I met him a few times already. Everytime I meet him I kill him and yes that's wrong and all but there's no way I'm gonna change, so you can run away or stay with me."
Kihyun shakes his head in disbelief.
"Why? Why are telling me this now?", he asks.
"Because I hate lying to you. Because you're important to me, Kihyun."
Kihyun wipes away his tears and gets up from his seat on the chairs.
He gets down  onto his knees next to Wonho.
"I'll stay with you but I can't promise to not try to change you."
Wonho chuckles.
"You can try if you want to but I won't change."
"Let's go home."
"Okay."

Now

"You remember when we went to that party 1943?", Wonho asks.
"Yeah I do."
They were in the dance practice room. Wonho promised Kihyun to help him with the new steps he doesn't know how to do.
"We should go on a party sometime again", Wonho suggests.
"Wonho, you...it's the night I found out."
"And I don't regret telling you. You got to change me. If I didn't tell you, you'd have never tried to change me."
"I'm glad I did a good job in changing you. I did a good job, right?"