❀ three ❀

It was Saturday, and I intended to stay in bed and watch movies on my laptop. I was pretty social, if you ask me. My phone buzzed and played "Down," by Blink-182. Michael stole my phone the other night and customized his contact, which consisted of a ridiculous amount of emojis.

"Hey there sunshine!" he chirped on the other end.

"When did you leave my house?" I said while rubbing my eyes.

"Like an hour ago, but you were sleeping, and you'd bite my hand off if I woke you. So what's this I hear about you and Luke?" I swear, he could go from hormonal teenage boy to gossip crazed teenage girl. Explaining the events of last night to him was complicated, since I had to repeat everything at least once. He fake gasped when I told him about the hickeys.

"So do you like, like like him?" he asked.

"God, Michael. Are you five?" I said while letting out a small laugh.

"I'm a pretty sexy five year old, if you ask me." We both laughed before he had to go and hung up.

Luke's name flashed on my phone, indicating I had a text from him.

I'm coming over for tutoring right now.

What the fuck, it's the weekend. Groaning, I changed out of my fluffy pajamas and into jeans and a crop top. Tying my hair into a messy bun, I examined my body. I absolutely hated myself and had no self confidence. Sometimes my self esteem would be super low, and I would just stare at myself and cry. I wasn't fat, but I didn't have the perfect body. I shook my head and tried not to get into deep thought about this, or Luke would have to see the raccoon version of me.

I heard a knock at the front door and rushed downstairs. Opening the door, Luke was standing there. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt with a red flannel wrapped around his waist. Something was different about him, but I couldn't figure it out.

"Okay, so go get your books and we'll start on your homework," he said while looking around my house for a place to sit. I nodded and gathered the books from my room and descended down the stairs. Looking for Luke, my eyes shifted in every direction.

"Luke?" I called out.

"In here," he said, and I followed his voice to the music room. Yes, my family has a music room. It's weird since I'm the only one with no talent.

"Out of all places, you choose the music room, with no tables to work on?" I questioned. He turned his head to make eye contact with him, and I saw it. I found out what was so different about him.

"You got a lip piercing!" I exclaimed in shock. He laughed and readjusted his beanie. I'm not going to lie, Luke looked hot with a piercing.

After about an hour, I was finished with my homework and Luke was about to leave.

"So..." he trailed off and rocked on the heels of his feet. I don't know if it was just my imagination or not, but he began to lean in.

I panicked and stepped away, not breaking eye contact with him. "Bye, Luke."

"Bye," he said and rushed out. I mentally face palmed myself over how awkward that was. But I couldn't let him think I was easy, I've only known him for two days.

* * *

Sunday is the day I hate the most, next to Monday of course. All it does is remind you of school and the homework you haven't done. On the bright side, I would have five consecutive days of seeing Luke. Fuck. I need to stop thinking about him that way, as if I had a crush on him. Ever since he tried to kiss me yesterday, he's all I could ever think about. It sounds extremely cheesy, but it's the truth.

I was getting ready to go to the mall with Michael, we both agreed we needed to go out more often rather than sit at home like the naturally lazy people we are.

Finally finished, I put my white Converse on and waited for Michael to pick me up. I heard a car horn beep, and I knew that was Michael, so I walked out.

"Let's go party!" he yelled.

"We're going to the mall, you idiot," I laughed and turned on the radio. He stuck his tongue out and turned his attention back to the road.

In a few minutes we were at the mall, and I was ready to drag Michael into various stores.

"I'm starving, can we stop at the food court first? Pleeaaasseeee," Michael begged.

"Fine, but you pay for my food," I said with a smile. He just nodded and led me to a pizza place.

After ordering three slices (two for Michael, he can really eat) we sat down at a table and waited for our order to be called.

Michael spoke up after a few minutes of silence. "Hey, isn't that Calum and the other guy? I forgot his name. Adrian, I think," he said while pointing over to the two boys.

"His name is Ashton," I corrected him. He shrugged and went back to eating. From the corner of my eye, I noticed that they were walking towards us.

"Hi Lilly!" they both yelled in unison.

"Hiiii," I said, dragging out the last letter.

"Do you guys wanna sit with us?" I asked.

"We'd love to, but there's a huge sale at Cotton On and I really need new singlets," Ashton replied.

"Maybe I could come with? Michael as well," I said, nudging Michael, who was listening to the whole conversation in silence, too busy to reply while eating.

"Sounds great, let's go," Calum smiled at me and walked over, now standing on the right of me.

We were halfway to Cotton On when Ashton stopped dead in his tracks. He turned around and faced Calum with worry on his face.

"Mate, you will not believe what I just saw. I'm pretty sure I just saw Luke with--"

Calum cut him off and his face dropped. "Oh god. Please don't tell me he's with her. He's such an idiot!" he said as he ran a finger through his hair.

"Am I the only one that's fucking lost?" Michael said, shifting his eyes between the two boys. Ashton shook his head and pointed towards a corner. In that corner was a boy making out with a girl. That boy was Luke Hemmings.

* * *

My vision went blurry, and I didn't know what to do. I don't know why Luke had this effect on me, I don't know why I cared so much that he was sucking face with some random girl. But this wasn't some random girl, she obviously had a past with him if Ashton and Calum talked about her like that. My eyes were still fixed on the pair of horny bastards. She ran her hand through his hair and he pressed himself up more against her. I looked away and turned to Michael.

"Fuck, Lilly. Don't cry please. Why are you crying? I knew you liked him," Michael said while enclosing me in a hug. "Sorry, sorry, wrong timing," he said as he rubbed my back.

"I swear to god, he needs to learn that she only wants him for-- holy shit, Lilly, are you crying?" Calum asked, his voice turning from angry to worried. I shook my head and released myself from Michael. I didn't know what the hell was going on in my mind, but I was walking over to Luke. And nothing good would come out of this.