❀ ten ❀

Lilly's POV

I woke up to the sun hitting my face as I looked around the unfamiliar room, then remembered I was in Luke's room. I was wrapped in a plaid comforter, and my mind tried to process the events of last night. I turned to my right and saw Luke on his phone, scrolling through Instagram.

After a few seconds of staring at him, I poked his side, which caused him to jump. "Oh, morning." He dryly said. I didn't reply and placed my chin on his shoulder and looked at his phone, being the nosy person I am. He looked down at me and I felt his tongue on my forehead.

"Did you just lick my forehead?" I asked him while lightly laughing, I couldn't obtain any energy to laugh normally, seeing as I'd just woken up.

"Well, I was going to kiss you, but you were too low. I also realized your morning breath would stink." He laughed and I swatted his shoulder. I got up to brush my teeth, now reminded of my morning breath, but he extended one arm and pulled me by my waist back onto the bed.

"Don't leave me." He pouted. I shook my head while smiling and got up once again, trotting down to the bathroom.

After I finished my necessary things, I walked out, but bumped into a woman.

"Who are you?" She said. "Wow, okay, that was rude. Sorry. But who are you?" I noticed she had an Australian accent, and her hair was blonde like Luke's.

"Lilly, I'm Luke's friend." I said as I softly smiled at her. Her expression softened and she nodded.

"You spent the night?" She questioned.

"Yes, Mrs. Hemmings, but it was nothing. New Year's can be crazy."

"I agree. And please, just call me Liz, I'm divorced." I nodded and waved good bye to her as I trudged up the stairs and walked up to Luke's room, stopping at the door. I heard him talking to someone on the phone, so I didn't walk in yet.

"I don't know man, I'm nervous." Luke said, his morning voice still prominent.

After a few seconds, he spoke again.

"Alright, bro. See ya soon, yeah yeah, love ya too. Tell Jenna I said hey." I took this as my cue to walk in the room.

"Hi. I was on the phone with my brother." Luke explained. I didn't reply as I began to make his bed, it's the least I could do since I slept there. I found a Polaroid deep under his bed and picked it up.

"You have a Polaroid?" I asked in excitement. I've always wanted one.

"Mum gave it to me for Christmas, since she's a photographer. I don't know why she even bothered getting me that."

"Why? It's a good gift."

"Because they're meant to capture good memories, and I, have very few of those."

I looked into his eyes and felt like a rock had been placed in my heart. Luke had a way with my emotions that made me feel so bad for him, I felt the pain he felt.

Gripping onto the Polaroid, I held it outwards and flashed a smile at the camera. The film developed in a matter of seconds and I examined it.

"God dammit, I just wasted some film." I complained. I was about to toss it, but Luke snatched it from my hand and placed it next to him.

"I think you look great." He said.

I plopped down next to him and smiled, not expecting him to do anything. He put his arm around me and placed his tongue on my cheek, making me screw my eyes shut as I laughed. The flash went off and we waited for the film to develop.