❀ nine ❀

Lilly's POV

We were walking back to the party, being the idiots we are. When we got there, people quieted down and whispered things to each other, staring at us. I looked around out of curiousity to see if Calum and Alexa were still here, but I tore my mind from the idiotic action I had made. Calum had cheated on me after one week. Alexa had used me to get to Calum. It was all too much. I looked up at Luke who was pushing past people, since the place was packed. I felt someone push me to my feet, and I stumbled backwards, landing on my ass.

"What the-" I started, but Luke's voice boomed through the house.

"What the hell, watch where you're going." Luke spat to the girl covered in make up, I'm suprised her face was acne free.

"Oh shut up Hemmings, you can do better than that." She twirled her hair in her index finger and flashed a pearly white smile at him, a weird contrast to her oddly tanned skin.

"Just leave, Kristin." He waved his hand and held the other out to help me up. By now, everyone had stopped dancing due to Luke's outburst for a small reason. Instead of releasing my hand after I had stood up, he kept holding onto it. He held it so tight, like he was afraid that I would leave any second. There was a specific area for dancing, according to everyone, since it was one big cluster. I was never into dancing, but I thought, why not?

I tugged on Luke's arm, signlaling to the dance floor. "Hell no, I can't dance." He said as he shook his head. The song changed to Chocolate by the 1975, and I squealed, like the girl I am.

"Luke, this is one of my favourite songs, pleaaaaase!" I yelled over the music.

"This song is so mainstream now." He rolled his eyes and I smacked his shoulder. He smirked and we were finally on the dance floor, standing there. Looking at me for a few seconds, he motioned for me to wait and scurried off somewhere.

He returned with two red cups in his hand, handing one to me. "Luke, I can't. I don't want to end up totally wasted." I pleaded as I tried to hand it back to him. He shook his head and drank from the cup, me doing the same.

I started to feel the alchohol kick in after the 5th drink, and Chocolate still hadn't finished playing. Luke took my arm and started yelling the lyrics as he took small sips from his drink.

"No, we're never gonna quit it, no, we're never gonna quit it, no!" He shouted and I burst into a fit of laughter, running a hand through my hair as I swayed my hips to the music. Luke looked at me, his pupils dilating as his eyes raked up and down my body. I hadn't realized how much clevage I was showing, but when I raised my hands to pull my shirt up, he looked at me with one eyebrow raised. I took that as a silent plead not to and left it that way.

"You know, I never got to tell you how hot you look right now." He smirked against my ear and pulled my body closer to his. I smiled and could feel the blush on my cheeks rising. "C'mon, let's go somewhere else." Nerves kicked in my body, expecting something that I wasn't ready for. I panicked but nodded, unsure of how to chicken out at the last minute.

Trudging up to the stairs, I heavily breathed as I stared at the blonde in front of me. He opened up the door to a bedroom and I was hesitant to walk in. After he stepped in, he closed the door and I let out a deep breath before finding the words to say.

"Luke, I'm not ready for this.." I trailed off, looking at my shoes. I heard him laugh and looked up, he was in hysterics. What the hell?

"Oh my god, Lilly, I'm not going to have sex with you." He blurted out through laughter as he clutched his stomach while walking to the window. He propped it open and swung one leg over, looking at me. He finally stopped laughing and stared at me. "Well, are you coming or not?" He swung the other leg over and jumped up, I don't even know how that was scientifically possible. After a few seconds, his head hung upside down with half of his body on the roof. "C'mon Lilly, I'll help you out." He held out both of his hands for me, and I reached for the pair of hands that I had grown familiar with too quickly. I repeated his actions by swinging one leg after the other, but this time there was a ledge leading to the next level that I could balance myself on.