❀ six ❀

A/N: so at the moment you all ship calum and lilly (cilly/lalum??) and i cant blame you that chapter was hella cute but luke had to interrupt it dammit luke. this chapter will be in his p.o.v for some of it then it'll switch back to lilly's yas okay also thank you so so so much for your comments and votes it makes me happy to know people actually like my writing omg okay enjoy this chapter ! x

Luke's POV

I was walking towards my car to get some food for my dog, Molly. Hopping in the seat, I started the car and sped down the street. I decided on going to Pet Smart because I knew Calum worked there, so I would apologize about being a dick, even though he wasn't the one I should being apologizing to.

I've been skipping math class just to avoid her, it would be way too awkward, and I'd just feel guilty the whole time. After all, I did try to kiss her, but I just had to be a dick and deny it. Whenever I'm with Vicky this always happens, a new person comes out, and not a good one. That's partially why we broke up, but there were other reasons that I just hate thinking about. Even my own mum is scared of me.

Whenever I'm with Lilly, I feel like I need to be a better person, for her. But I still act like a complete ass, I can't help it. At the mall, when I said all those things to her, I didn't even mean them. They just came out. After she stormed off, Michael punched me again in the stomach, and I didn't do anything. I knew I deserved it. Vicky was all too pleased with the whole situation and wanted to go back to making out, but I shoved her off of me. I don't even know why I agreed to meet up in the first place. It was a stupid decision, she broke me. And my only hope of getting fixed again is Lilly.

Pulling up into the parking lot, my stress lessened. I knew Cal would forgive me, he always does. We've been best friends since we were in diapers, and he's dealt with all my shit. I feel bad for putting him through it.

That's all I ever do, feel bad. Feel bad for the things I caused. Do people ever feel bad for me? No, they're too busy hating me or being scared of me. Lilly does both. No one realizes that I have problems too, that words hurt my feelings. But I can't come off as soft, then more insults would come. I can't go back to the old me.

Walking through the door, I searched for the aisle with dog food. I saw a puppy run across the aisles, weird. Shouldn't it be in it's cage? Then, I heard a yell, and loud laughter. I followed the sounds to see what was going on, and I wish I didn't. Standing there was Calum without his shirt on, and next to him was Lilly.

When Calum caught sight of me his expression turned blank and his body was tense.

"Oh. Hey, Luke." he said.

I saw Lilly being reluctant to turn around as she placed her index finger and thumb on her temples, her back facing me. Slowly turning, she made eye contact with me, and her face softened from stressed to scared.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked, feeling my hands already balled up into fists. "Have I missed something?"

"Um, Lilly was just helping me with work stuff and--"

"No, Calum. Don't lie to him. We were on a date, but you came and kinda just killed the moment," she said with a harsh tone.

"A date?" I questioned, my anger washing away, now replaced with jealousy.

She nodded and looked at Calum, who was still shirtless.

"I'm gonna grab a uniform, since that's kinda the only clothes I have here," Calum muttered as he awkwardly walked away, looking at the ground.

After he was gone, Lilly let out a deep sigh and picked up the puppy who was tugging on a chew toy. She walked away and I followed her, watching her put it back in it's cage.