❀ twenty-one ❀

Lilly's POV

I walked to the church Ashton had told me about, telling Luke I didn't need a ride. It was the first day I would try this out, and see if I wanted to continue it or not. The church was new, no doubt, since I hadn't seen it around at all. I looked down the hallway, searching for a room with any sign of other human life on it. I heard someone shifting tables around, so I opened the door, finding a woman in her twenties struggling to drag tables out of the way and place them against the walls. I rushed to assist her as she examined me, then smiled.

"Thanks, I'm Summer." The blonde with many different highlights of a variety of bright colors told me as she pulled out a pack of cigarettes, taking one and lighting it. 

"Well, are you going to introduce yourself or take a cig?" She asked me as she tried to place the cigarettes in my hand, but I jerked back, causing her to laugh.

"Lilly, my name is Lilly." I told her, taking seats and dragging them into the middle of the room. Soon, a boy of about twenty-four walked in. He was so skinny and pale, it made me a little sad for him. But then I remembered not to judge a book by it's cover, even when the description of the book isn't so great either. I learned that with Luke. 

Ashton walked in, followed by his girlfriend Ashley. So that's how they met. He smiled and waved at me, dragging her to us as they sat in the empty chairs to the right of me. Many more people piled in, and I tried to count them all. I lost count at 15.

"Okay," Summer said as she exhaled smoke from her mouth, causing the boy next to her to cough. "Let's do the shit we normally do and get it over with so we can go home. You start." She pointed to the boy across from her, and he stood up.

"I'm Jeremiah, I'm 15, and I'm here because my mom thinks I'm crazy for wanting to take a hit every once in a while." He motioned to Summer's cigar in her hand and sat back down. People stayed quiet and kept their eyes glued to the ground. The girl next to me stood up as she cleared her throat.

"My name is Bella, I'm 21, I'm here because I'm trying to get better for my boyfriend. That's all I really tell you guys, since you couldn't give a shit anyway." She sat down in her seat and picked at her fingernails. I didn't realize it was my turn until Summer called my name.

"Lilly, it's your turn." She informed me as she tapped her fingers on her thigh. I sighed and stood up, not knowing how this showed any 'support' to one another. 

"Um.. I'm Lilly, and I'm 17. I don't really know why I'm here, I guess I just want to get better. My friends were killed in a car crash by my ex-boyfriend, he claims it was an accident, but.. I don't know what to believe anymore." I finished, letting out a breath. Ashley clapped softly for me as Ashton intently looked at me, hurt flashing over his face as he felt the pain I did. 

"And how are you feeling today, Lilly?" Summer asked.

"I'm as okay as I can get." I sat back down as I felt stares coming from every direction of the room. Then, I saw Ashton stand up.

"Ashton, 19. I'm here for depression and basically the same reason as Lilly, except her ex-boyfriend was my friend. I'm just here to get better, just like we all are. Some of you may be forced to be here, but you're here for a reason. I think that if we all cut out this stupid circle shit every time, and did things that actually supported each other, maybe we'd be a little more than okay." He huffed as he sat down. 

"I never even wanted this stupid job anyway." Summer slung her purse around her and walked out the door, sticking the middle finger at all of us. Everyone rushed out the room, happy the session was dismissed permanently.

"Why did you even tell me to come here?" I asked Ashton.

"Hey, it gets boring. I needed something besides Ashley to keep me entertained. Besides, Summer wouldn't let me kiss Ashley until the session was over. But I have you to keep me occupied, well, had. Sessions are over forever now, I guess." He chuckled as he held Ashley by her waist. She smiled and buried her face on his chest, causing him to hold her head as they walked, looking like dorks. He took her legs and carried her to their car and drove off, not even saying good bye to me. I wasn't bothered though, I would just call Luke to pick me up or walked home. 

I dialed his number as I tightened the cardigan around me as I waited for him to pick up his phone, but it went to an automatic message.

"The person you are calling is busy at the moment. To leave a message, begin speaking after the tone." The message said in a monotone. I hung up and decided to walk home, then ask Luke why he didn't pick up. By now, he would be lying around waiting for me to come home, so surely he would have answered.

Luke's POV

I was strumming random notes on my guitar, waiting for Lilly to come home from her group support with her stories for me. I had been practicing All Of Me by John Legend to sing to her when the time came, which would be soon. 

My phone had rang, and I didn't bother to check the caller I.D. when I answered.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"If you want your girlfriend to stay safe, I suggest you kick her out or you leave. It's either one, do what you want. Just don't talk to her until I let you, that is, if you care about her." A hefty voice on the other end breathed out, his voice cracked as he spoke. I felt myself release the grip of my guitar as it fell with a thump on the ground. My breathing became irregular as I felt a great amount of pressure on my chest.

"Who the fuck are you?" I semi-yelled, realizing mum was home.

"You'll find out. Do as I say, or she could end up hurt. Maybe even dead." He laughed into the phone.

"If you even dare to touch her, I will fucking find you and kill you! I'll fucking kill you!" I screamed and punched the wall, causing it to create a small cut on my knuckle. The man laughed and hung up, leaving me dumbfounded and worried. I didn't want to do what I was about to do, but I had to.

I took her stuff and threw them into the duffel bag I had brought when she first arrived here, remembering that day. I remembered every single moment with her as I grew angry with myself. If I didn't do this, she would be hurt. I was doing this for her, as much as it hurt the both of us. 

After all her things were packed, along with my t-shirt that she had loved, I sat there and waited. The caller I.D. was blocked, which caused me to tug at my hair in frustration, getting more worried by the second. What if the man already had his hands on Lilly? What would he do?

When Lilly burst through the door, I felt my heart leap. She was soaked in water, and her make-up was running down her face. 

"I tried calling you for a ride, but when it started raining, I decided to walk. It was refreshing." She laughed, then noticed the duffel bag next to me. Her head cocked to the side in confusion.

"Are we going somewhere?" She asked me. This was it.

"No, you're going somewhere. I can't do this anymore, Lilly. I'm sorry." I choked out, trying to sound as strong as possible.

Her lips quivered as she processed the words that I had just thrown at her. She shook her head and grabbed her duffel bag, glaring at me.

"Why? Why are you doing this? I thought we were fine.." She told me as she started crying. It broke me to pieces.

"You thought wrong." I sternly replied, shoving her out the door and slamming it shut. That was when I lost it, and I cried. I had just thrown away the person that kept me going. I had thrown away the person I loved.

"What the hell happened to never leaving each other? Are you just giving up on me? Was it all bull shit?" She yelled as she banged on the door. She continued to rapidly punch the door with her small fists as she cried. 

"Just let me in, Luke. Please." She begged. I kept my ground and didn't say anything, muffling my cries.

I heard her sigh and give up half an hour later as her footsteps faded away, and I could still hear her sniffling as the front door slammed shut. I had ruined everything. It was all because of me, and she would never take me back. 

A/N: OH MY OGOF IM CCYI GNS OH ARD WHST HT EFUCK

also your tweets to me on twitter are so asdfghjkl they make me happy and i just loVE YOUR FEEDBACK I WANT TO DATE ALL OF YOU

this had to happen pls dont be mad at me im sorry i just

on the right is the church lilly went to for the support group oOoOOoO ((its a picture))

i probably wont update again tonight ((jk i probably will ha))

vote/comment/share with your friends, family (oh god no that would be strange to find your dad reading this fanfic) anyone really

ilysm and thank you for everythinggggg :D x