❀ twenty-two ❀

Lilly's POV

I walked down the street in the pouring rain, already drenched as the tears poured down from my face. How could he just want to end it all? After everything we've been through, it was all like a sharp turn in the road.

But the turn was the end of the road, and then we swiveled into a car crash. Thinking about all of this made me want to throw up. I was so sick and tired of being hurt like this by Luke, and every single time I would crawl back to him. I thought of all our memories as I walked, not knowing where I was going. The one that hit me the hardest was one of the recent memories.

"We both need each other equally, so why leave in the time that we need each other the most? It makes no sense, Lilly. Besides, people who are in love with each other don't leave the other behind. I think that's the best thing about being in love with you."

I took the cuff of my sweater sleeve as I cried into it, biting on my finger to keep me from yelling at the top of my lungs. I found a trash can lying around and kicked it, I tried to release all the feelings I had by kicking a fucking trash can. I fixed the sleeves of my knit sweater that I was wearing and kept walking. Taking out my phone, I dialed my mom's number about to tell her I was home, but I decided not to. Instead, I went to the only people that I could talk to.

I kicked stones as I walked to a store, buying flowers. The cashier stared at me with wide eyes as he noticed I was crying. He probably thought I was a mess.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked me. I nodded and wiped under my eyes, trying to get some mascara that had smeared off of my face.

"Someone as beautiful as you shouldn't cry." He told me, curling his lips into a soft smile. I found myself doing the same thing, looking into his deep blue eyes. They were like Luke's, but more brighter. It angered me how I couldn't think of someone's eye color without being reminded of him. The cashier scribbled something onto a piece of paper and handed it to me as he handed me the flowers.

"You deserve to be happy." He nearly whispered as I walked away with the paper crumbled in my hands. As I left the store, I noticed the rain was pouring harder. This was just my day. It was already 9, and I was getting tired. My phone was about to die, and my clothes were soaked. I turned onto the all too familiar gravel road leading to the cemetery, feeling as if I had been here a thousand times. I clutched the flowers tighter in my hand as I attempted once again to wipe off some of the smeared make-up.

Crouching down, I looked at the graves which were placed side by side. "Hi guys. I miss you a lot. I might be going crazy for doing this, but you're the only people I can talk to. Even if you're gone, you still listen to me better than anyone does. I really want you to be here for me. Luke kicked me out, and I feel completely defeated. Everything was okay, really. I don't know what I did to deserve this!" I yelled the last sentence as I fell to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably as I dug my fingers into the mud.

"Please, please, please come back." I sobbed out as I threw a tantrum. This wasn't fair. Loosing my best friends, then loosing my only chance at complete happiness. These were all part of life, but I had a fear none of this would get better. "I need you." I breathed heavily as I stood up, placing the flowers neatly, covering their dates of death.

It was useless trying to get any of the mud off of me, so I kept walking until I reached the house I had dreaded to come to. I opened the door, knowing my mom didn't care enough to lock it, and ran up to my room, tears threatening to spill by the second. I was done.

Calum's POV

"I did what you needed, where's my money?" Ron asked me in his deep voice. To be honest, I was scared shitless by him. One of the reasons I hired him to call Luke and threaten him to do something with Lilly. Fucked up, yes. But it made me sick seeing him with her, she was supposed to be mine. This wasn't how I planned it.

When I cheated on her with Alexa, I planned just to fuck Alexa and dump her, then Lilly would run back to me, still heartbroken. But once I found out Luke and her were together, I lost it. I threw everything around my room until Ashton came over and had to calm me down. It's been like this since childhood, I may have had a short temper, according to people. People being my therapists, three which I scared away, my teachers, my friends, my parents, and me. I just didn't want to fully admit it.

"I'll give you the money once I'm sure she isn't with her prince charming anymore." I snorted at my nickname for him and glanced outside the window. There, I saw Lilly walking, covered in mud. I couldn't see her face clearly, fuck my bad vision. I quickly put a jacket on and ran to the front door, then acted casual.

"Oh my god, Lilly, are you okay?" I asked her in the most innocent voice possible.

"Get the fuck away from me." She growled and tried to walk away, but I grabbed her by the wrist.

"How many times do I have to apologize and say it was an accident? Wasn't kicking me in the balls enough?" That hurt a lot, I thought to myself as I searched her eyes for sympathy.

"Burn in hell." She spat, walking away.

I stood there watching her leave in a hurry, and noticed she was crying. Luke must have done what Ron had told him to. And that's all I needed to make me satisfied.

Lilly's POV (again wow)

Walking away from Calum as the rain stopped was a miracle. I didn't think I would be strong enough to face him, yet alone walk away from him, but I did. I might have spoke too soon, because I heard Calum's footsteps rushing towards me.

"Lilly, wait up!" He called after me. I walked faster, not wanting to listen to what he had to say.

"Please, just leave me alone." I tugged at a piece of hair due to nerves, not looking back at him.

"Just listen to me." He pleaded. I sighed and nodded.

"5 minutes. I'll listen for 5 minutes." I told him, not being completely heartless.

Instead of talking, he pressed his lips to mine.

A/N: SHORT CHAPTER HAH IM SORRY BUT FUCK CALUM

GO LILLY

WOW I JUST HEARD THE EP BC IT WAS LEAKED GUYS THE TEARS

THE TEARS ARE //REAL//

I JUST LOVE THEM SO MUCH

AND THANK YOU FOR 17K READS WOW THIS IS CRAZY

IM ACTUALLY CRYING WHILE LISTENING TO THE EP

ESPECIALLY MICHAELS DEMO WOW