❀ four ❀

A/N: hey hi hello i just wanted to say thank you for over 700 reads in under 3 days :-) love you, hope you enjoy this update! x

I could hear Michael's constant pleads for me to stay calm and not make a scene while Ashton and Calum followed close behind, unsure of what was going to happen.

"You're going to regret this, Lilly. Let's just turn around and you can vent at home, okay?" Michael said, trying to act as calm as possible.

I shook my head and kept walking, my pace growing faster by the second. I had no clue as to why I was acting like some type of monster, did I like Luke? No, I didn't. I hated him. And I was ten feet away from him right now.

The girl he was making out with caught sight of me, and she was drop dead gorgeous. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, and she had the perfect body. I, on the other hand, had brown hair and dark green eyes which I absolutely hated. She looked at me then looked back at Luke, signaling that I was here. He didn't catch on at first, but when he turned around, he had looked like he'd seen a ghost.

"Oh, hey Lilly." That's all it took to set me off the edge.

"Hey? Hey? You are such an asshole! I come to the mall and I find you, making out with this bitch--"

"I'm not a bitch, fat ass!" she yelled, balling up her small hands into fits. I stared at her for several seconds, the words that were just released from her mouth crashing down into my brain. Before I knew it, I was crying again.

"I didn't ask you, so shut the fuck up." I spat at her and looked back at Luke. "And you, you think everything is okay? I've known you for three days and you're driving me insane! You make me think that you like me, that you actually want to be with me, then you almost kiss me--"

"I--" he started, but I cut him off, just like he did to me.

"Let me finish talking!" I screamed, people were staring now.

"No, let me talk, Lilly! You actually think that I'd like you? And that I'd want to be with you, like in a relationship?" he laughed, a loud laugh, and I could see the bitch smirking from behind him. "You think I was going to kiss you? Ha, I wouldn't kiss you if my fucking life depended on it."

His words stung me, and I felt physically weak. I didn't know what to say, or how to react, I just stood there, tears flowing down my cheeks.

I opened my mouth to say something, but Michael beat me to it. "Listen, asshole. If I knew you would be such a dick to Lilly, I wouldn't have even told my mom she needed a tutor. You're causing all of this," he paused and motioned to me, "you're causing her pain. You are such a prick, if my mum wasn't friends with yours, I would beat the living shit out of you right now. Don't you dare try to insult her more, or I'll fucking hire an assassin or some shit to kill you. I'm not joking, Hemmings. And you," he pointed to the girl, "I don't know why the fuck you're literally eating his face off, but at least get a room. And Lilly is nothing close to fat, and she isn't fake or a whore, like you are." Michael spat while slinging a shoulder around me and trying to reassure me that everything would be okay. We had caused a full blown scene, shoppers had been watching the whole thing.

"Ashton, Calum?" Luke questioned, expecting them to defend him.

"You're on your own for this one, mate. You said some pretty fucked up shit, and to top it all off, you're here with her. Have you lost your damn mind?" Calum semi-yelled, Ashton just shaking his head in disapproval.

"Why are you even hanging out with that bitch?" I heard Luke say, and Michael released his grip on me and ran over to Luke.

The last thing I saw was Michael punching Luke in the jaw, and Ashton and Calum pulling each of them apart. The worst part is, this was all because of me.

Pulling myself together, I ran. Michael was my ride home but I didn't want to deal with anyone right now. I didn't know where the fuck I was going, but I kept pushing myself to run. My phone buzzed uncontrollably with calls from Michael. I decided to shut my phone off and read his texts, which I was certain he would send, later. 

The feeling of anger was replaced with sadness. I felt like Luke and I would actually become something, like I would get to see the real Luke, without his bad boy act. Deep down inside, I knew he was caring and dorky. But she had to ruin him. I could tell that the nameless girl had a big impact on him, and it wasn't good. I wanted to have him open up to me, I wanted to at least be friends. But I guess you can't get everything you want.

* * *

Finally reaching home, I dragged my body up to my room. I was so tired, of everything. Suddenly, there was a knock on my door. Why can't people just leave me alone? 

"Lilly? Can we come in?" Calum said. How the fuck did he get here? 

"Whatever," I said, throwing the covers over my head. I heard Ashton whisper something to Calum, and felt the covers being pried off me. Their faces were full of sympathy, like I had just got stabbed in the gut or something. It sure felt like it. 

"Lilly bear," Michael sing-songed as he walked through the door with a box of pizza. He only called me 'Lilly bear' when he attempted to cheer me up. Opening the box of pizza, there was a box full of chocolate bars tucked neatly on the side. This is why he was my best friend. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah Michael. I just saw Luke making out with some random girl, then he threw insults at me like I didn't have any feelings at all. I'm totally okay."

"She isn't some girl," I heard Ashton mumble. Calum elbowed his side and Ashton groaned in pain, clutching his stomach. 

"No, stop hiding things from me to spare my feelings. I'm sick of it. Who the fuck is she?" I tried to raise my voice, but it came out hoarse. 

"She's.. A girl. Her name is Vicky. I can't tell you anything else," Calum sighed as he cupped his face with his hands and placed his elbows on his knees, now sitting on my bed. 

"And why can't you tell her?" Michael questioned, obviously annoyed with the lack of information provided. 

"It's just complicated. Luke should be the one to tell you himself. If we weren't there when it happened, we wouldn't have even known about it. He hasn't told a soul, so if he tells you, you're lucky," Ashton cut in. I just shrugged and crawled further into the covers, poking my head out a bit to eat my slice of pizza. 

We all sat in silence eating pizza, it wasn't awkward. It was a comfortable silence. Calum spoke up and broke the silence I was growing fond of. "Hey, Lilly, can we talk in private?" he said while looking over at Ashton and Michael, who took the hint and stood up to leave. Once they were gone, Calum's expression turned from blank to nervous. He looked up from his phone and looked me in the eyes, but I looked away.

"Look, I know this might be way too soon, but I was wondering if you'd maybe want to go out with me sometime, whenever you're ready. If it makes you uncomfortable we can just go as friends, and if you don't want to go entirely, I'm fine with that. We've only known each other for a few days but once I saw you break down at the mall because of Luke, I knew I could treat you way better. You deserve it," he smiled at me and I could feel myself blushing. 

"Is that a yes? How about tomorrow after school? Shit, am I being too straight forward?" he face palmed himself as I laughed and nodded my head. "Well, I gotta go now, I have work today and I'm already late. Night shift sucks," he said while getting up. 

"Where do you work?" I asked out of curiosity. 

"Pet Smart." he said with a smile and opened the door. "Bye, Lilly. See you tomorrow." 

I nodded and smiled at him, then turned my attention to my phone. It was still shut off, and it was probably full of missed calls and unread texts, all from Michael. Turning the device on, I thought about all the events of today.

Did I like Luke? Of course I did, as much as I hated him I liked him. He had this effect on me that I can't describe. What the fuck am I saying? I've only known him for a little over 3 days. As my phone buzzed uncontrollably just now receiving endless amounts of texts, a certain message caught my eye. It was from Luke.

We need to talk. 

After all of this, he wanted to talk? Talk about what? There was nothing to talk about. I typed a reply back and hit send.

Screw you, Luke.

I was done with being his little toy, I was done with him. I wasn't even going to attempt to make things better with him. I admit I've said bad things to him, but the nerve he had to deny that he was going to kiss me. That's not all I was pissed about. He was cocky, stuck up, and thought he had me wrapped around his finger tips. I especially hated the last reason, because it was true. Anything he did I would be head over heels for, I fell into his trap. We weren't even together and I was acting like we'd just gone through a major break up. I needed to get my shit together and stop complaining about every single aspect of Luke's personality, even though he was probably doing the same thing to me right now. I would enjoy my date with Calum tomorrow, and nothing could ruin it. Especially Luke.