❀ twenty-seven ❀

two months after luke's shooting

Lilly's
POV

Two months. Two fucking months since I've seen Luke. Two months since he's been murdered. Two days after the shooting, I realized Luke had given me tickets to Los Angeles. I couldn't go, it was too hard for me. I still had the notebooks in the box Luke had shipped me two days prior to his attempt at suicide. It was ironic how he tried to end his life, then he got it once he was finally happy. 

I was getting ready for school, and all these thoughts had just occurred in my mind. I checked my phone and skimmed through it, I barely touched it since that night I called the police. Speaking of the police, Calum was on the news. He and his gang were arrested. I shut it off once I heard that, but I didn't feel anything. 

Ashton had been comforting me lately, I had lost three people due to murder. He was a great friend, and would manage to get a smile out of me once in a while, but nothing could replace Michael, Francesca, or Luke. As for Calum, I hope he was getting what he deserved. 

I decided that all of this would cause me to stray away from school, and I had already been absent too often. I opened Instagram and found my feed dead, so I posted a selfie, because why not? My boyfriend has been dead for two months, I deserve to post a selfie. I cropped it and added a white border, then pressed post. Since it was seven in the morning, I didn't care if no one liked it. 

I slipped on my bag and dragged myself to school. Then I realized, I forgot to do my math homework. I've told myself this before, but Luke never even tutored me. He became something even more, and now, he was the most important person in my life, but now he was gone. 

*     *     *

It was lunch, and I was alone. I scanned the cafeteria for Ashton, but couldn't find him. I got my food and sat at the table as I took out my phone. It was off, so I turned it back on. Then, Ashton came running over to me. He looked flustered, and his hair was sticking out in different directions. His bag was also hanging from his elbow. 

"Lilly, fuck, oh my fucking god." Ashton panted. "I ran all the way from the fucking R building to show you this!" He seemed impatient as he cussed at his phone, which seemed to be taking forever to load. 

"Dammit, this thing takes so long! Look at this, it's Luke's Instagram." He shoved the phone towards my face, but I looked away. 

"Ashton, I stopped looking at his Instagram, like, a month ago." I shook my head as I turned my attention towards my food. I don't even remember purchasing this, whatever it was. It looked like a combination of shit and dog food. 

"No, Lilly, just look at the god damn picture!" He semi-yelled, which he rarely did, so I sighed and looked at his phone screen. 

At first, I thought it was an old post. But then, I looked at the time it was posted, and it was an hour ago. It was a selfie of Luke, and he was smiling widely. I noticed he had a cast on, and he was also in his car. I read the caption for what seemed like millions of times.

luke_is_a_penguin: Out of the hospital !! Going to see my girl :-) 

My jaw dropped open. How the fuck was this possible? I thought I saw him get shot in the head. My emotions were about to explode. Where was Luke? I thought that post was from an hour ago. Basically, my whole life was a big 'what the fuck'. 

"Ash.. Ash! He's freaking alive! Oh my god, ah!" I screamed as I leaped out of my seat and danced while everyone stared at me. 

"Lilly." Ashton giggled as he stared at something from the other side of the cafeteria. Luke was standing there with roses in his hand as he smiled directly at me, and I ran to him. 

"Luke fucking Hemmings, what the hell?" I yelled as I hugged him, not caring if I hurt his arm or not. 

"How the fuck are you alive?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" 

"What the hell, man!" The last question was also accomidated with a slap on his chest, followed by a kiss. He laughed and kissed me back, then handed me the flowers. 

"Surprise?" He laughed as he kissed me again. "Long story short, Calum can't shoot a gun for shit. He shot me in the damn elbow, for god's sakes. If you're going to come up with a scheme to murder someone for putting you in jail, at least know how to handle a gun!" 

I had missed him so much, I couldn't even be mad at him for not telling me he was okay this whole time. "I should be super duper pissed at you for not telling me. I thought you were dead!" 

He shifted from one leg to the other and spoke. "I wanted you to move on so that you wouldn't have to deal with shit like that again, and so you could be happy. Then I realized, I couldn't stay away from you. I didn't think it would hurt you." He pouted, then kissed my cheek. 

"It hurt me a lot, asshole! Why would you call me 'your girl' if you wanted me to move on?" I questioned him.

"Because no matter what, you'll always be my girl, Lil."

"And you, Lucas, will always be mine." I kissed the top of his nose and smiled.

the end

A/N: IT'S OVER

AND IT WAS HAPPY

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALWAYS VOTING AND COMMENTING AND READING THIS STORY 

I'LL HAVE MORE FANFICS SOON AND I //MIGHT// DO AN EPILOGUE IF NEW IDEAS COME TO MIND

AW MAN THIS WAS SO FUN TO WRITE WELP I LOVE YA GUYS XX :-)

ALSO YOU SHOULD READ MY MICHAEL FANFIC MAYBE ??? :DD