❀ fifteen ❀

Luke's POV

I woke up to the loud alarm blaring through my ears and rubbed my eyes, checking the time. It was 6:45 in the morning, fuck that. I was about to turn in my bed until I felt a body beside me. I looked over at Lilly who was still sound asleep, and smiled. I was so lucky to have her back after being such a complete ass.

I tried to get out of bed, but Lilly's arm draped around me as she groaned. I chuckled lightly and kissed her forehead as I stood back up, walking over to my closet. Today was just not my day, I only had a black t-shirt with black skinny jeans. Today I would be flannel-less. I sighed as I threw my outfit on, glancing every few seconds at Lilly who had now substituted me with a pillow.

After brushing my teeth, I grabbed an oversized jacket that I never wore unless I had nothing else, and walked towards the door. But then, I swiftly turned around and left a kiss on Lilly's head, then walked out the door.

"Morning." My mum said as she sipped on her coffee, reading her newspaper. I mumbled a good morning back to her and grabbed my car keys, jingling them in my hands.

I stepped out into the cold air as I walked towards my car, rushing to get inside for warmth.

When I got to school, people stared at me. I heard whispers here and there, and occasionally heard my name pop up in the conversation, a little too loud. These idiots acted like I couldn't hear them.

In that moment, I wish I couldn't. Because I heard one of John's, one of the popular cliché type of guys, friend say something that really set me off.

"I heard he's dating the psycho girl. Someone texted me she tried to commit suicide." He scoffed as the others stayed silent, now aware I was staring at them.

"What the fuck did you say about her?" I inched closer to the guy as I felt my hands clench into fists.

"Bro, I-I didn't say anything." He put his hands up in defense as he backed up against a wall.

"I swear to god, if I hear you talking about my Lilly like that, I won't hesitate to beat the shit out of you. Watch it." I huffed and walked away. The whispers grew louder, I was such an idiot. I could have just let him keep talking about her, but something in me snapped when I heard him say that. The fact that I called her mine sort of scared me, I knew I didn't own her. I was just naturally possessive. But we weren't even officially dating; I would have to ask soon, before someone beat me to it.

I walked into my homeroom and tossed my backpack onto the desk as I sat down in my cold seat. Everything was cold today, especially my mood. I didn't want to be here. I'd rather be at home, probably making pancakes for Lilly, since that's the only thing I was good at making.

The bell rang, signaling the fifteen minutes of hell had started. The intercom clicked on, and my teacher stared at us intently from his desk, silently pleading for us to listen.

First we did the Pledge of Alliegence, which I didn't give a shit about. I don't get why this country had so much pride and honour, all they did was fight until they got it their way. I thought about that, and it was sort of how I worked.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the microphone dropping onto the floor, causing a loud siren-like noise to flow through the whole school.

"Sorry." I heard someone yell in the background as the microphone was being put back into place.

"Oh my," The principal started. "I am sorry to inform you all that two of our students, Michael Clifford and Francesca Cavallini, are no longer with us anymore. Instead, they will be in our prayers. Their funeral will be this Saturday at the Chicago City Cemetery. Let us have a moment of silence."