❀ twenty-five ❀

Lilly's POV

"Luke, please!" I yelled as my hands connected with the cold tile floor, where his body was. "Wake up!" 

When the fuck was the ambulance going to get here? It's been so long, so long without seeing him talk or move, and I'm fucking sick of it. I was on my knees, sobbing. This was all reverse. Just a few months ago, Luke was doing this because I had tried to end my life. Now, it was me, begging him to give me a sign that he was just passed out, and not dead. 

The front door bursted open from downstairs, and I heard rushed footsteps coming towards us. I held Luke's limp arm in my hand as they examined the situation, taking the pills and dropping them into a plastic bag as they carried a stretcher inside, lifting his body. I followed them carefully outside as they placed him inside the red truck. After they were finished, I made my way by Luke's side. His eyes were squeezed shut as I tried to press my hand on his chest to see if he was alive, but I pulled away after. This was the worst day of my life. 

*      *      *

My hands were placed in my lap as I waited for the signal for it to be all clear, so that I could visit Luke. I took out my phone, but this stupid hospital had no service. Standing up, I brushed off my jeans and went to the bathroom. I got lost for a few seconds, but who could blame me. I was so exhausted, my hair was basically a bird's nest, and my outfit was horrid. I yawned as I walked into the bathroom, only to splash the dirty water on my face. Using my undershirt to dry my face, I walked out and back to the chairs.

This would all be easier for me if Michael and Francesca were here. Thanks to Calum, they weren't. I still couldn't believe Calum had kissed me, and I regret even granting him time to talk to me. It sounds very snobby of me to say it, but it was true. At first, Calum was a huge crush. But now, all I can do is despise him. Sometimes I blame Luke on causing me to be this way, but it has just come to realization to me that it was Calum.

I looked at my hands, shifting in my seat every minute. I never wanted any of this in my life. I never wanted Luke to be this much of an impact in my life. I thought that it would always be Michael and I, no one else. But now, as I sat here with my Converse colliding with the tiled floor, I realized I never regretted any of this. It was all accidental, but I loved Luke. He was worth all the pain I've been through.

All I needed was someone to comfort me. I felt so alone, empty. The chairs next to me were not occupied by anyone, so that made the impact of my sadness hit me even harder. All this thinking made me feel suffocated. 

A male doctor cleared his throat, and I turned my head to face him. 

"I think you should come inside, miss." He said quietly as he walked back into the room, not waiting for me. I tried to contain my emotions as I stepped inside, seeing Luke with his eyes shut laying on the bed. There weren't any tubes or wires around him except for one, which is not what I expected. I thought it would be exactly like in the movies. 

"This," the doctor pointed at a monitor. "Is where his heart rate can be shown. His heart stopped beating a few hours ago for about twenty seconds, but he's a strong boy. Are you his lady?"

"Yes." I replied with a monotone, too shocked to say anything else. I rushed over to Luke's side and clutched his hand tightly, feeling a tear roll down my cheek and onto his arm. I noticed the doctor was gone, and my mouth opened slightly as I tried to find the words to say. 

"Luke?" I shook his hand, trying to wake him up. I grew impatient after repeating the action over six times, and my voice became shaky. "Luke, please wake up!"

My vision got blurred with tears, I just wanted to be assured he was alive. I wanted to know if he was okay. "I need you to say something, please! Wake up! I need you, Luke." I sobbed. 

"I'm sorry you thought you lost me, but I'm here now." I tried to hug him as best as I could, getting my tears on his hospital attire. "I love you, asshole. I love you so damn much, and you're such a fucking asshole for doing this."

"That's no way to talk to your boyfriend." Luke said with a smirk. I immediately jumped onto the hospital bed and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him. I didn't give a shit if we were in a hospital, I've missed him so much. 

"Woah, hey. I just woke up, and you're attacking me." I felt the blush creep up my face as I removed my arms from his neck and stopped kissing him, and swung one leg on the edge of the bed to get down. "I didn't say I wasn't enjoying it," He laughed and held out his arms open, and I happily jumped into them as best I could. After all, he was still laying in the hospital bed. He placed his chin on my forehead as I held him by the waist. He took a strand of my hair and started twirling it around his finger. 

"I'm sorry I caused you to be so sad, mad, and confused." He softly said, and I shifted from my place and moved next to him, reaching for his hand. 

"I'm happy now, since you're okay." I looked up at him and smiled. He laughed and hugged me tightly, placing a kiss on my cheek. 

"Lilly?"

"Yeah?" 

"I love you too."

A/N: holy shit that last line that Luke said was a throwback to when Lilly said it to him at the New Year's party aYY LMAO

so i'm gonna be honest and say that updates have been sooo slow, and i'm sorry :-(

this book also has a few more chapters left, then it's over :// 

love you guys, and thanks so much for 150k reads !! :D