❀ twenty-three ❀

quick a/n I hope you all aren't confused with what's happening I just deleted the old chapter 23 because it just didn't feel right so now I'm back and am going to be updating regularly wheeeee okay enjoy

Lilly's POV

"Calum," I tried to stop him from leaving kisses along my neck, but he must have taken it as a moan, because he continued. "Please stop." I pleaded, trying to push him off me.

We were on the sidewalk in front of his house, and my eyes desperately searched for help. The street was empty.

I was about to scream, but his grip only tightened since he knew what I was going to do. The only freedom in my body I had was my legs, so I did what anyone else would; I kicked his balls.

"Fuck!" He groaned as both of his hands dropped to cup his dick, and I sprinted. I didn't know where I was going, but I kept running until that damn street was out of my sight.

It was still gloomy out, and I finally stopped to catch my breath and try to figure out where I was. Then it hit me. The street was too familiar, the too familiar houses in lanes.

I had ran to Luke's house.

Luke's POV

I was strumming on my guitar when I heard a faint knock at the front door, so I pulled on some sweats. Walking past the mirror, I realized how much of a mess I was.

I plopped down the stairs and stared at the ground while opening the door. There stood Lilly, drenched in water. Her hair was sticking to her face, her mascara was running, but she still looked as beautiful as ever.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know why I even came here, it's just-"

I cut her off by placing my lips onto hers, feeling as if it was a whole new experience. I had missed her so much, and here she was.

She pulled away quickly, then spoke. "Calum.."

"Calum?" I questioned, feeling the anger rise in me by the second.

"He kissed me." I was beyond pissed, but even more pissed at myself for being the cause of all of this. If I hadn't kicked her out, she wouldn't think of running to Calum. If I hadn't kicked her out, Calum wouldn't have kissed my Lilly. "Please don't be mad." She whispered.

I hugged her tightly, regretting even listening to that damn phone call. If I really loved her, I would have physically protected her with all my power.

"I love you." I kissed her forehead as my hand found her waist. She wrapped her arms around me and sobbed into my chest.

"I don't know if I'm ready to say that back to you." She took her sweater paw and wiped away the tears that kept flowing out of her beautiful eyes.

"W-What? Why?" I was beyond confused. "You came to my house.."

"I came for comfort, Luke. I didn't come to get back together."

"We were never broken up.." I whispered quietly, hoping she would hear.

"I kind of just assumed, since you kicked me out of your house." She snapped at me. "Why am I even here? Look at what you've done to me. I'm a mess, because of you."

"You aren't a mess. Fuck, I'm a mess. We're a mess. We're a crazy, fucked up mess. But it'll all work because I love you." I pleaded, hoping it would change her decision. She just shook her head, squirmed out of my grip, and walked away. Just like that.

I kept calling her name as I saw her walk down the street. Why was I such a fuck up? I couldn't keep anything nice, lovely, or beautiful. Lilly was all of those things. I tried to run after her, but I couldn't bring myself to move my feet. All I could do was yell.

"Lilly!" I was close to crying, which I hated. "Lilly, please!"

I saw her turn her head, and I examined her face. She was broken. She even had told me, she admitted to me that I had turned her into someone that she never wanted to be.

Lilly's POV

"Lilly!" Luke's voice was hoarse as he yelled out my name, begging for me to come back to him. After I was clear out of his view, I decided to run. It seems as if I was running from my problems. I turned from the modern houses to the wealthier part of the neighborhood, and I saw Ashton. He was throwing the trash, and he was wearing a fuzzy grey sweater. I looked at the ground, hoping he wouldn't see me this way.

"Lilly?" He called my name, but it came out as more of a question. I cussed under my breath and rubbed my eyes before turning to him. "Lilly, what the hell happened to you? Do you want to come inside?" I nodded my head, even though I truthfully just wanted to go home and sleep.

We walked in, and he went to the kitchen. "Hot cocoa?" I replied a simple yes and sat down on the leather couch. Realizing I was soaked in water, I stood back up.

"I can give you clothes to borrow if you'd like." He didn't give me time to reply as he bolted up the stairs. There was a ring in the kitchen, which made curiosity get the best of me as I wandered over to it. Before I could find out what it was, Ashton had returned. He tossed me basketball shorts and a white t-shirt, and told me where the bathroom was. I thanked him and followed his directions.

I went inside the bathroom and saw that the walls were lined with marble, and the floor was tiled. It was beautiful, especially for a bathroom. When I looked in the mirror, I saw the complete opposite of beautiful. I saw myself. 

I sighed and washed my face with my hands, drying myself with my damp clothing. Finally done with slipping on the t-shirt and shorts, I took my clothes and walked out. The bathroom was near the kitchen, which was sort of odd, but I wouldn't mention anything about it. 

"Here." Ashton handed me a mug that had steam coming out of it, which I gladly accepted. "So, you gonna tell me what happened? You don't have to though." 

I took a deep breath before letting out everything that happened in the time lapse of one day. After I was finished with explaining, he hugged me tightly. "I'm so sorry." He breathed onto my shoulder, which he had to lean down to be capable of doing. I shrugged and hugged him back, but pulled away after. He lingered his arms around me, but then pulled away after and scratched his neck. 

"Any idea of why he kicked you out?" I laughed at that question, because I didn't have a fucking clue. 

"Beats me." Then it hit me, as those words had escaped out of my mouth. 

Luke Hemmings had used me.

A/N: LILLY NO BAE HE ISNT USING YOU YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG PLS