❀ twenty-six ❀

* this chapter switches from person to person's point of view.

Lilly's POV

Luke was admitted out of the hospital since they had spoken to Liz, who was devasted. She couldn't do anything because she was on a business trip in Philippines, but she repetatively told Luke over the phone how much she loved him. Sometimes I was jealous of Luke to have a loving mother, unlike myself. I only saw my mother once in a while, and when I did, we never said anything to each other.

Now, Luke and I were walking through the doors of the hospital, hand in hand. I didn't know what to say, and to be honest, this silence was comforting. The walk to my house wasn't as far as Luke's house was from the hospital, so we took our time. Since it was winter, I hoped that the rain wouldn't suddenly pop up. Luke's grip on my hand tightened as we walked further. 

"You're being really quiet." Luke commented. I nodded my head and noticed Starbucks was across the street, and looked up at Luke, silently asking if we could go. He seemed to get the hint and tugged my arm towards the coffee shop. 

It was freezing outside, so as soon as we stepped in, it was heaven. Ed Sheeran's song 'Give Me Love' was softly playing throughout the dimly lit shop, and it was peaceful. I followed Luke to the register, where Ashton was drumming on the counter in his uniform. 

"I didn't expect anyone to be here, it's fucking freezing outside." Ashton grinned at me as he spoke. I totally had forgotten about him, he just seemed to escape my mind. I smiled a small smile at him and ordered, then found a table to sit at. 

Luke's POV 

"You're so whipped, mate." Ashton chuckled after Lilly had gone somewhere else. I just shrugged and watched as he moved swiftly from corner to corner to make our drinks. Then, my phone buzzed from my pocket. I thought it would have died by now. 

I clumsily fumbled with the damn thing, not bothering to even read the caller I.D. "Can I call you back later? I'm kinda busy." I said to whoever was on the other end. There was heavy breathing, followed by someone in the background saying "Do it."

"I hope you and your girlfriend are happy. It won't be like this in a while, so enjoy it while you can, Hemmings."

"W-what?" My throat became dry as I removed the phone from my ear, checking the caller I.D. It was blocked. "Who the fuck are you? Why are you fucking trying to take her away from me?"

"Just watch your back if you know what's good for you, boy." Then, it hit me. The man on the other end was the same one that threatened me the last time, when I kicked Lilly out. 

"No, no, no! You.. You can't do this!" I yelled, not giving a fuck if anyone heard me. I saw Lilly turn her head to me with a confused expression on her face as she mouthed 'What's wrong?'

"It's already begun." The man said, then hung up. I heard my phone collide with the ground, but I didn't care. I rushed to Lilly and held her by the waist, shoving her out of the coffee shop. 

"What the fuck is your problem, Luke?" Lilly said. 

"We have to leave, now! You could be in danger, I could be in danger, we just have to leave! Don't question it, go to your house and pack, and I'll get a flight to wherever. Hurry!" I commanded as I took her hand and started running down the street. Whoever this guy was, I knew he wouldn't waste any time fulfilling his threats. 

We reached Lilly's house and rushed up the stairs as I ignored her constant pleas for me to tell her what was going on. "What about your clothes?" She asked me as I shook her stupid piggy bank. I knew she held a shit load of cash in here. 

"I can manage until I get money from mum or something. Hurry up." I smashed her piggy bank on the corner of her drawer, and there was probably more than five-hundred dollars in cash. As she packed, I moved over to her computer and searched for tickets to anywhere, I didn't even bother to look at the location. I found two tickets for one-hundred each, and printed them out, stuffing them in my pockets.

"I'm ready, now will you tell me where the hell we're going?" Lilly quietly asked me. 

"I got a phone call today at Starbucks, and someone is fucking threatening our safety. I-I'm sorry, this never happened intentionally." I stuttered as I spoke these words that were flowing in my mind. 

"What was never supposed to happen intentionally?"

"This, us. I was supposed to hate you, dammit. But I'm so in love with you, I can't bare to loose you." I quickly said as I kissed her forehead and hugged her tightly, then rushed back down the stairs and into her car.

She handed me the keys and we both got into our seats. She pulled out an Ed Sheeran CD and played it as I stared at her. 

"What? I needed something to calm me down."

"Nothing, I just think you're really pretty." I smirked at her.

"Oh God, Luke. How old are you, twelve? Next thing you know you'll be saying 'Rawr means I love you in dinosaur.'" I laughed at how sassy she could be, no matter the circumstance we were in. 

We drove halfway to the airport until Lilly pointed out a black car. "I've seen that car like a thousand times, it literally took all the turns and streets we took." 

I adjusted my mirror to see who it was, but I couldn't see anything. It was almost nine in the evening, so everything was dark. Then, another black car drove next to it. And finally, there was one that stopped right in front of us. I slammed the breaks and turned to Lilly, who was already filled with fear. 

"Lilly, look at me." She turned her head and I noticed tears forming in her eyes, which I didn't know why. This was one of the only times it wasn't me that was the reason she's cried. "I want you to know that whatever happens, you have to run. Even if I can't run away with you. I also want you to know that out of all my eighteen years of life, this was probably the best one, because I fell in love with a wonderful girl. I love you so damn much, never forget that." 

She didn't respond. She just took my face in both her hands and kissed me hard. It didn't last long, because she pulled away once she saw multiple men stepping out of the black cars. I glimpsed at each one of them, but my vision stayed focused on one of them that caught my eye. There, in his typical black skinny jeans and black t-shirt, stood Calum Hood.

There were many men behind him, about six or seven, all lined up in order. Dammit, this street was so empty that even if I yelled, no one would hear me. I realized that they could have done this little stunt anytime, but they had waited for an empty street to occur, for obvious reasons. I squeezed Lilly's hand and nodded, signaling for her to get out of the car. 

She did as told, and now, we stood hand in hand as we faced Calum. 

"It was you all this time? Huh. I was expecting someone more manly. You sound nothing like you did on the phone." I tested his patience. 

"That was actually my man here, Jeremiah. Nice job, by the way." He patted the back of a built man who was in his forties or so. They were all buff and looked like they could snap my neck in a second, so I didn't dare say anything towards them. 

"What the hell is your problem?" Lilly spoke up. Calum wickedly grinned and walked over to her, standing only a few inches away from her body as he lifted her chin with his finger. I tried my best not to lash out on him as I watched this man, this murderer, touch my Lilly.

"Oh, sweetie, my problem? Maybe the fact that I got put in jail for what felt like an eternity. Put the damn pieces together, idiot." He let go of her chin, and I saw a tear fall from her eyes. 

"You killed my best friends." I heard her whisper. And that was the trigger, that was what caused me to finally snap. I took swift steps, and as soon as he was in my reach, I punched Calum in the jaw. It reminded me of the night at the party when I punched him because he cheated on Lilly with that trash Alexa. 

He stumbled back, and I took this as my chance to punch him again. But as my fist raised in the air, it was grabbed by fucking Jeremiah. I saw Lilly getting held by the arm by one of the men, but she was deep in thought. She didn't even flinch. 

Calum rubbed his jaw as he reached in his pocket and pulled out a gun and pointed it right to my head. "Now, anything else you'd like to do, Hemmings?" 

"Run, Lilly!" I yelled as I saw her eyes watching me. She took the man's arm and twisted it, then kicked him right in the balls. The men around me were about to run after her as she got into her car, but Calum spoke. "Leave her, she's useless anyway." 

"Now, where were we?" Calum grinned back at me as he adjusted the gun, his finger finding the trigger. 

Lilly's POV 

I started the car, but wondered why they weren't chasing after me. Their main focus was Luke, who was standing as tall as ever as Calum looked like he was having a struggle to keep the gun in position. 

He won't do it. My mind kept assuring me Luke was safe as I stared at the scene. I was stupid not to do it as soon as I got in the car, but I dialed 911 and told them the situation, then abruptly hung up once I saw Calum talking to Luke. 

I rolled down the window and tried to hear what was happening. 

"Any last words now, Hemmings?" Calum asked. 

"Lilly, leave! Run!" He yelled as Calum pulled the trigger, making Luke collapse to the ground, followed by his name escaping my lips in soft cries. 

A/N: welp the end

just kidding i promise it isn't over

for anyone that doesn't get it; calum has been in jail since the police arrested him for murder and driving under the influence (drunk) so he's taking revenge on lilly and luke, mainly luke, for putting him in jail

okay well vote/comment and whatever and pls don't hate me okay bye ily