Chapter 1

Camila POV

One year.

Wow

Time has flown so quick

One year ago today i left the biggest girl band in the world, Fifth Harmony. I left to pursue a career on my own, not because i hated being with the girls, but i needed to go my own way and let the people hear my music, not the music that management told us to write. There was also another reason i left but that reason i have never told anyone.

I stayed in contact with Dinah but other than that i really only spoke to the others through the odd mention on social media or if we were attending the same music event.

In a year i had become the newest pop sensation. I had my own album out 'CC1' that had went platinum in over 72 countries. I just finished an American state tour promoting the album. I have hosted multiple award shows, won awards for the best new female artist and best song of 2017, I have had men and women throw themselves at me, I have been asked to collaborate with many of extremely famous musicians. I am dating Martin Garrix and he is amazing to me, Yet something in me is still feeling empty and alone.

My life is amazing, people would kill to have my life but something inside me is not happy, something is missing or should i say someone is missing.

Lauren Jauregui

See what the world don't know, or well should i say what the world have never been able to confirm is that for years Lauren Jauregui was my girlfriend. Lauren was the love of my life, she knew me better than anyone else, better than i even knew me. We did everything together, she was always there for me. The connection we shared was incredible, intense even and the whole world could see it.

I was always a cuddly person, so when i met the girls on X-factor and i would be so affectionate toward Lauren my friends and family knew it was just how i was and after a few weeks the girls all soon got used to it. During the x-factor Lauren was my light, she held me up when i was feeling down, without her i don't think i would have survived the show. A year after the show was when we became extremely close, the hand holding became more frequent, the cuddling moved to bedroom cuddling, we spent every minute together and if we were apart we were texting, then one night it just happened, we ended up making out on the tour bus, a month later we slept together and 2 weeks after that we became girlfriends.

For a year we hid it from management, we just played it off that we were just best friends, however the fans picked up on the smallest of things, pictures and videos would be uploaded to social media of me and Lauren sharing side glances or checking each other out. Lauren would get so angry because we knew if the fans kept it up and kept bringing it to our managements attention that they would break us apart, as having a gay couple was not what our management wanted for the fan group we mostly aim at. Little girls and teens.

The girls knew about us and they helped us in anyway they could but once management got wind of our relationship they were set to break us up. We had endless amount of meetings about how it would damage the bands credibility and image. We tried to tell them that the fans were already accepting of 'Camren' that was what the fans called me and Lauren. They already loved us as a couple and too confirm that would only gain us more fans, however the risk in doing so was a greater risk according to, Guy, our main manager.

Our parents found out, and both sets of parents were supportive. They tried to talk to management directly but were told they were our parents and that was all, they had no say in how our careers worked. We stayed a secret for the next 2 years, management thought we had broken up and remained close friends, so in front of cameras we would act less like the old us and we would just be ourselves with family and the girls behind cameras. It wasn't exactly idle but if it meant we could be together then we didn't care. We did slip up from time to time on camera but we just told management just because we broke up didn't mean feelings had disappeared.