Chapter 5

It had been a few hours now since Lauren had apologized. You might think things between us might have got a little bit less awkward since but no she literally was still the same, angry annoying ignorant person she had been since i had seen her again. 

We were back in my car, Maisie had woken up and was still a little groggy, so we decided on doing something out of the ordinary and take her to my apartment. Lexie was against it and no doubt management would go crazy but it put a huge smile on the little girls face so i didn't care. Lauren didn't look to pleased, as i highly doubt Lucy would be happy to hear Lauren was in her exs apartment. Martin knew nothing of me and Lauren, i never felt the need to tell him and he never asked about my relationship with her.

"Lauren?"

It was the first time little Maisie had spoke since the zoo, her voice seem strained and sad

Lauren turned her head in the passenger seat to look back at the child.

"Whats up?" 

I looked into the rear view mirror and saw how sad Maisie looked, she was playing with her fingers and didn't lift her head as she spoke 

"Im really sorry you didn't get to see the penguins"

I chuckled softly, earning an inquisitive smirk from Lauren a she looked over to me. A smirk i know, im just as shocked as you are. 

"It's cool, let me tell you a secret"

Lauren whispered softly 

"I secretly didn't want to see the penguins, i just said that because i really wanted to see the chickens, which apparently don't exist in zoo's"

Maisie let out a giggle, causing all of us adults to smile. 

"Maybe Camila will have some chickens in her house?" 

Lauren burst out laughing and looked at me and pointed then nodded back to Maisie 

"Maisie, if Camila had chickens in her house she would have ate them all by now!!"

Maisie now let out a belly laugh. I too laughed and slapped Lauren playfully on the arm, keeping my eyes on the road, causing her to laugh in return. It felt so good to be laughing with Lauren again, i wasn't sure if her part was fake or real by now though. 

We arrived at the door of my apartment, i was nervous to have Lauren in my apartment. The apartment i lived in now was a lot different than the one i had back when i was with Fifth Harmony. I was making a lot more money now so i took the time and pleasure to make sure everything was to my taste. I liked the modern style and even though i knew Lauren would love a lot of the artifacts i had, apart of me was nervous she would think i am trying to show off to her. 

The walls were all white, the carpets were white bar the black tiles in my kitchen area. The room was open spanned, the back wall was however a ceiling to floor window over looking the city of Miami, it was by far my favorite part of the apartment. In the middle of the room i had a white grand piano, i loved to sit at nights with a glass of red wine and just play for hours looking out to the city lights. I had opted for spiral glass stairs instead of something normal, the balcony from upstairs overlooked the whole of the downstairs. I liked the idea of the open space.

I opened the door and watched as everyone made their way in, not going to lie the minute i seen all their faces drop in awe it made me smile proudly. I however watched one person i particular, Lauren, her face was unreadable as she scanned the room with her eyes. I continued to watch her for a moment before i noticed a change in her expression, i followed her gaze too see the reason for the facial change, it was however a giant canvas of me and the girls of Fifth Harmony. It was a photo we had took on tour, I was sat on Lauren's lap with my hands in the air and head thrown back with laughter, her hands mirroring mine but her eyes upon me smiling widely, Dinah and Normanhi were facing one another with extended arms and a cowboy pose of their fingers as guns pretending to challenge eachother to a dual and Ally was standing to the left of Dinah and laughing.