Betrayal~Chapter 26

~3rd Person~

Hiccup nodded, sort of understanding your explanation of where they were and how it was different from Berk. You smiled at your twin brother, then took the chance to ask as many questions as you, hoping for answers.

"How is everyone?" You asked.

"They all miss you guys. Especially mom."

Your smile falters. "Mom? How has she been?" It was silent for a couple moments, while Hiccup looked for the right words. Astrid had come to stand next to her boyfriend while the twins stood next to you guys. All of the Avengers stood off to the side silently, not knowing what to say.

"She really misses you, and....."

"And what?"

"When I found the way to get here, she wouldn't let me follow through with it and she wouldn't tell me why. I did it anyway." He mumbled. Your eyes widened in fear. You feared for the safety of your only brother, the most important person in your life.

"Did anything go wrong?"

"Besides meeting Loki, nothing. I feel fine."

You sigh in relief. He is okay. You turn to your new found friends and smile at the Avengers. They all give you slight smiles, which confused you, but you decided not to question it. You turned to Hiccup, gave him a large grin then turned to the Avengers.

~Y/n's POV~

"Well, this is my brother, Hiccup. He found me, and now that Loki is here, I think it is about time we return home." Hiccup, Astrid and the twins all smile, happy to finally be able to return to our homes in Berk. I looked at Loki, Thor, Tony, Natasha and everyone else, waiting for their replies but they all just stared at me. A mixture of sadness, upset, and anger apparent in their features. My eyebrows furrow in confusion. What was wrong with them? 

"Hello? What's wrong?" I questioned them. They were silent for a couple seconds before Tony spoke up.

"We don't want to help you get home." They all glared at him for being so blunt about it. I stared at them, confused.

"What the heck does that mean? Guys?" We all stared at them. Loki rolled his eyes at us and walked away and into the kitchen. Steve looked around nervously before taking a step forward and explained what Tony failed to elaborate at.

"You have been with us for so long, that we don't want you to leave. You are our friend, and we don't want to have say goodbye to you. We would miss you, and....."

"And what?!"

"Fury also wants you to stay. He believes that you and D/n would make a great asset to S.H.I.E.L.D. He wants you to join S.H.I.E.L.D.. S.H.I.E.L.D. would be much more powerful with you." Natasha continued. I grew angry, my respect for them was gone. How could they do this to me. I haven't seen my friends and family and almost a year. If it weren't for that book Hiccup found, then I may have had to kiss my old life in Berk goodbye. And now, I am not prepared to do that anytime soon. How could Fury be so selfish?! I just got reunited with my brother and I have a chance to go back home, and now he doesn't want me to leave. I don't doubt that he told them to keep me from leaving. How selfish and greedy is he?! How selfish are they?! They have each other and their own families! I deserve to be with my family too.

"How...How could you?! I should be able to go home on my own free will."

"Please, Y/n," Clint said, "don't leave. Just listen to us."

"And listen to how selfish you guys are being. No thanks." I started walking towards the elevator, but when my hand was about an inch away from hitting the up button, one of Clint's arrows embed itself in the wall, breaking the elevator keypad. I spun around and stared at him shocked, then my expression turned to betrayal and anger.

"That's it. I knew Fury had told you guys to keep me from leaving. You guys....I just want to go home to be with my true friends and family." I said angrily.

"I'm sorry Lady Y/n," Thor spoke up, "But we did get orders from him to keep you here."

I looked at them, hurt in my features. "How could you guys? You betrayed me." I say. I whistle, calling D/n. I climb on her back, just as she flew out a window, all the while growing in size.