Chapter 18

"Honey what happened?Thank god your frien...brother was there!" said Mrs Foster.
"I didn't know what happened! I felt so dizzy.."lied Isabelle.
She had to lie. She couldn't tell her mum that she was in danger.
"I'm just so relieved that you're safe and that you're not hurt! Go upstairs and take a nap or something. You look ghastly."said Mrs Foster.
"Okay.."said Isabelle as she walked slowly to her room.
She jumped on her bed and stretched her arms.
I don't get it. Why does it have to happen to me? How do these people even know me?I've never met them. All my life the family that I remember were the ones who took care of me since I was a baby.
Isabelle shut her eyes and a few minutes later she was soundly asleep.

**********************************
"Where am I?Is anyone there?" called out Isabelle. She was alone in the forest. It was pitch black. "HELLO?" Isabelle called out again hoping someone might answer. A dark figure walked towards her. "I'm here Isabelle" said a voice. Almost like a whisper. She recognised the voice, but she didn't know to whom it belong to. The figure's hand grabbed her wrist. She screamed for help. Finally the figure showed his face. It was the most horrifying face that she had ever seen and she couldn't find the proper expression to react. She screamed and screamed trying to free her hands from the man. Suddenly she managed to escaped from him and she ran and ran. She didn't know where she was going. All she wanted to go was to get away from him. Just then, she fell into a deeeeeeeeep hole. She was falling, falling and falling. It was an endless fall.

Isabelle woke up in a start. Her face was filled with cold sweat. She looked around.
It was just a dream? It felt so real. That man! Who is he? I've heard his voice before. Maybe it's just a nightmare. Oh crap this is just messed up! Why can't I be like normal teenagers who sob over some ridiculous breakups.
Isabelle looked at the clock which showed 8.10 a.m.
Oh crap oh crap! I'm late for school!
'Knock knock'
"Yeah? Who is it?" asked Isabelle.
"It's me honey" said Mrs Foster as she walked in Isabelle's room.
"I thought you'd be up by 7... I guess you're really tired" said Mrs Foster.
"Yeah-guess so ..." said Isabelle.
"I don't think so you can go to school today, logically you can't because school has already started and you need plenty of rest." said Mrs Foster.
Isabelle smiled at her mum.
"Alright then,its better if you freshen up and go downstairs for breakfast.Zach was really worried when you didn't come to his school to pick him up." said Mrs Foster.
"Really? Has he gone to school?" asked Isabelle.
"Oh yes! He's not going to be missing school anymore. He's been failing his Maths the entire time! The teacher called me yesterday to talk to about Zach's behaviour. He never finishes his homework. He's always falling asleep in class." explained Mrs Foster.
"What?No...Zach he's a bright kid. He's way smart to do something that irresponsible."said Isabelle, feeling utterly shocked.
"That is why ...I need you to talk to him honey...maybe there's something bothering him...children in his age won't really want to talk it out to their parents.."said Mrs Foster.
"Yeah!of course I will. He's my brother. If there's something bothering him...I'll find it out and I'll definitely do something about it. Don't worry" said Isabelle, giving a confident look to her mum.
Mrs Foster nodded and walked out of Isabelle's room and went downstairs.
Isabelle sighed.
Why are there problems after problems?
Isabelle walked to the bathroom to brush her teeth and took a long relaxing bath.

An hour later...

She got out of the bathtub and wrapped herself with a bathrobe and walked out from the bathroom.
'Creak'
Isabelle heard a creak near the windows.
Who's there?oh god why am I asking it in my head !?
"Who's there ?!!"asked Isabelle.
If it's going to be Sebastian again I'm going to kill him. He needs to know this is my private place.
"Hello? Who's there?! "Isabelle asked again.
Oh god wasn't this what I said in my dream?!! No no no !!
"Isabelle, you really need to learn to relax" said a voice.
"Brandon?!"gasped Isabelle.
Brandon was behind the curtains. He came out and examined her.
"Yikes! I came here in an awfully wrong time" said Brandon with a smirk on his face.
"Pervert"Isabelle snapped.
Brandon smirked at her.
"I'll go out for a few minutes to give you time to change. I need to talk to you."said Brandon as he climbed out of the window and sat on the roof.
How does this even happen? A hot guy suddenly appears in my room, hiding behind my curtains. This is definitely not Twilight. He's absolutely nothing like Edward Cullen. He's -well he's Brandon.
Isabelle quickly changed into her shorts and a baggy T-shirt which almost covered her shorts.

Isabelle climbed out of her window and scooted next to Brandon.
"So...what do you want to talk about..?" asked Isabelle.
Brandon's expression changed. Isabelle looked at him, feeling slightly confused.
Isabelle placed her hands on Brandon's.
"Hey are you okay?" asked Isabelle.
"I need to train you soon..to fight." said Brandon.
"PHEW!!I thought it was something serious!" said Isabelle, feeling relieved.    
"It is something serious!Your life is in danger!!Anytime someone can just take a knife and stab you in the heart!" said Brandon .
"Why do you care?I know that we were best friends and all that...but I don't feel like we were. To be honest Brandon, I don't even really know you. " said Isabelle.
"I ...-I got to go..Sebastian asked me to check on you and you look completely fine to me..he'll tell you about the whole training thing in school.." said Brandon as he got up and jumped out of the roof.
Isabelle sighed.
"Was it something I said?I mean whatever I said was the truth. I don't know him.

_________________________

Hey guys so I finally had the time to upload another chapter.
Thank you guys for over 300 readers. I love each and everyone one of you. Thank you for all your support. I truly appreciate them. I hope you'll continue to join this amazing journey with me till the end. Don't forget to vote guys. Love, Cally💋.