Chapter 27

Isabelle dropped off Zach to school and went to hers. She parked at her usual spot. She went inside the hallways of her school. It was still the same atmosphere. Nothing changed. Well something did. Sebastian was not there with her anymore. For now. That's what she hoped for. That'd he come back home safely. Specifically alive.

Isabelle went to her locker and took out her books for her next lesson.
"Hey you." A voice said from behind Isabelle which made her startled a bit.
It was Brandon.
"Hey." Isabelle said looking at his green eyes with a smile.
She was just glad at least she had Brandon with her.
"Are you okay?" Brandon asked as he placed his hands gently on her cheek.
She could not help it. Tears started to fall which made her cheeks wet.
Brandon wiped them away and gave her a hug.
"Why is this happening?" Isabelle whispered.
"Your brother loves you very much Belle. He would even give his life for you." Brandon said.
"Why do I have to be a vampire? I just wished I was a normal human. Doing normal stuff. Having normal problems. Not problems that involves your brother to fight for you and might even sacrifice for you and feeling worried every second about your family's safety." Isabelle said.

"I know Belle. Everything is going to be okay." Brandon said as he pulled her in for an embrace.
Brandon smelled like coconut and a kind of a flower that she couldn't think of.
"I got to go to class." Isabelle said as she wiped her tears and closed her locker.
"I'll see you at lunch." Brandon said and squeezed her hand and let go of her when she squeezed back.

Isabelle went to her class and sat at her usual spot. She couldn't care less about what was happening around the world.
She just needed to get out from school.

When school was over she straight when to her locker and kept her books back.
Just then she saw Jake standing by one of the doors in the hallway.

She walked as fast she can out of the school. Jake spotted her and walked after her.
"Isabelle." he called out.
Isabelle walked faster to her car.
When she finally reached her car she opened it and went in as quickly as she can. But she was to slow for Jake. He stopped the door from closing.
"Isabelle." He said.
"What do you want?" Isabelle whispered. She would kill herself if Brandon find out that there was a dude bothering her.
"Can we talk?" Jake asked.
"With you? Nah." Isabelle said as she continued to close her car door but he stopped her again.
She groaned and looked at him in disgust.
"What?" Isabelle asked.
"I'm -I'm sorry about before.." he said.
"I was 8 Jake. An innocent girl who did not know anything. " she whispered.
Isabelle looked at him for a respond but all he did was bow his head down.
Just then Brandon walked up to Isabelle's car.
"Hey Belle..." Brandon said.
"Hi." Isabelle replied
"Who are you?" Brandon asked.
"Jake..and you must be the famous Brandon that I'm always hearing about." Jake said.
"Uh-Belle do you know him?" Brandon asked.
"Apparently Sebastian does. He asked him to take care of my safety while he is out of town." Isabelle said.
"Oh. That's good then. You'll be more safe." Brandon said with a smile to the both of them."Well I got to go...call me when you reach home."
"Bye."
Isabelle watched Brandon walked away.
"You left part where I kidnapped you." Jake said.
"Look, I'm just trying to play my part here by being the most obedient person I can. So I don't want your shitty attitude to ruin it or you'll have to see a side of me that you never wished you did." Isabelle said as she went inside the car and drove straight home.

________________________________________

Sebastian needed to find Ezra. He needed to tell Valeric that this had been a stupid lie and Ezra's death was a fake all this while. He needed to end this once and for all. He just couldn't stand the way they've been treating his whole family just because of some stupid misunderstanding they had for centuries. And it was all because of Ezra.