Prologue

The crack of the whip pierced through the deathly silence as she tensed her aching muscles awaiting the next sharp sting across her naked back. Her eyes closed tightly against unshed tears that threatened to spill, she refused to cry out as the leather tore at the raw skin, she hissed through gritted teeth with every connection the whip made.
A month she had been held captive, for a whole month she had endured constant torture and torment from this sadistic bastard, getting out of here alive was the only thing keep her going, giving her focus, she just had to be patient, endure this for a little longer and then she would make her escape.

"You enjoy this? You stupid whore" her attacker cackled the twisted excitement evident in his voice as he whipped her for the eighth time.

Two more blows came each as sharp as the last and finally the assault on her body was finished. The shackles that held her arms and legs in place to the stone wall were unlocked and she slumped to the floor shivering uncontrollably wrapping one of her arms over her uncovered breasts to try and cover her modesty she used the other to pull herself up, the new wounds on her back stung as she struggled to her feet, making sure she kept her head bowed focusing on the stone floor beneath her feet, she didn't dare to look at her assailant. She felt him then, he was right behind her his breathing erratic coming out in short pants.

"so strong, so pretty, the Master will be pleased you behaved this time." he purred into her hair pressing his crotch against her tattered black underwear the only thing stopping her from being completely naked, she felt his obvious excitement through his trousers against her lower back, bile rose in her throat but she swallowed it keeping herself as still as possible using her free hand against the stone wall to try and steady her battered body from falling again while she awaited whatever came next.

A blindfold was placed over her eyes, cold hands grabbed both her arms and forced her roughly to turn around making her wince as the sharp movement made the welts on her back sting. The arm that covered her chest was pulled away exposing her naked breasts, her wrists were bound together tight with rope, the rope dug into her as she was pulled along, but she knew if she reacted it would mean more punishment, she had learned the hard way that fighting this beast never ended well, soon she prayed, soon she would find a way to escape this hell.

She could tell she was going back to her cell, the strong smell of urine filled her nostrils making bile rise again into her throat, the quiet pleads and sobs of the other captives imprisoned in their own hell seemed to bounce of the stone walls and echo around her.

Once pushed inside her cell she remained silent with her head bowed while her ropes were untied, once the door was slammed shut and she was sure she was alone she pulled the blindfold off and slumped down to her knees on the cold hard floor sobbing uncontrollably. She crawled over to blankets in the corner of the room she used as a bed, she was so exhausted, the pain had made it too unbearable to try and walk again. Laying down on her side on the bed, afraid to cover herself for fear of catching the sores on her back. She lay there sobbing into her makeshift bed praying for something to take her away from this nightmare.

Sometime later one of the other women captives came by carrying a bowl filled with warm water and antiseptic cream to treat her wounds, she gave her tablets that she assured her were for the pain. She bathed her raw back, bandaged her up and left muttering something about food. The pain although still there wasn't as intense when she moved, the ointment and tablets where obviously doing their job, she managed to recover her t-shirt that had been strewn on the floor with her other clothes when she had been mercilessly stripped earlier. She pulled her t-shirt on over her head her breath caught in her throat as a sharp pain shot down her back when she lifted her arm into her sleeve, taking a minute to brace herself to repeat the action again with the other arm. The door of the cell opened just as she eased her top down over her mid-drift taking care not to drag the material over her tender flesh.

"Soup, bread and water" the woman mumbled keeping her eyes to the floor. She placed the tray on the ground next to the blankets.

The woman looked middle aged but could have been younger, she was wearing a dirty pair of once white linen trousers and a black vest top, she was very thin, the strain and emotional turmoil was evident on her thin sallow face. There was yellow bruising visible on her jawline, the emptiness in the woman's eyes made her wonder how long she had been a prisoner here, judging by the wariness on the woman's face, the hunched shoulders, and the defeated look in her eyes, she had been in here a long time. She spoke to the woman feeling like she needed to show her gratitude for everything, keeping her voice low so no one else could hear

"I want to thank..."

"Don't!" The woman said cutting her off rather abruptly, the panic evident in her voice, she stood quickly heading to the door "we ain't allowed to talk to you." she mumbled and slammed the cell door leaving her alone again.

About a fortnight went by without another incident the welts on her back had begun healing and although still very tender were a little more bearable. The same woman came by each evening to bring her food, water and to check the wounds leaving tablets for the pain. She hadn't tried to talk to the woman again, but she was desperate for answers.

The woman entered in the usual fashion that evening, carrying a tray with soup, bread, and water. She placed the tray next to the makeshift bed, as she knelt a fresh cut which had been inflicted along the woman's left cheek came into view it was like someone had sliced into her skin, her lip was cut and her right eye was black and swollen closed. A wave of empathy overcame her as she gazed upon the woman ashen features, she had to try and comfort her.

"Hey, what happened?" she whispered placing her hand on the woman's arm, the woman tensed underneath her touch, her good eye met hers filled with emotion, she didn't pull her arm away, tears filled her eyes and spilled onto her cheeks, her other hand lifted covering her face she as she sobbed quietly.

"I can't" she sniffed pulling her arm away and wiped at her face, trying to avoid the cut on her cheek, "I can't do this anymore" the woman whispered her voice trembling, she stood and turned to leave.

"Wait" she said to the woman trying to be as quiet as possible but the desperation in her voice made her a little louder than she had wanted. The woman stopped her shoulders slumped forward and she hung her head, "tomorrow" she mumbled and turned her head "be ready to leave tomorrow night,"

With that the woman left slamming the cell doors behind her.

This book has now been published on Amazon Kindle.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/UNFAMILIAR-VANDRAN-LEGACY

There's a free little sample of some more of this book and an option to buy in either ebook or paperback.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ82iA2AkFM/

Happy reading guys xxx