Chapter Eleven

Colt

A loud banging woke Colt from a blissful dream, he raised his head and looked at the time on his digital clock on the bedside table, jeez it's nearly ten in the morning, he hadn't slept in this late for a long time. Clara's sexy little body is pressed against his, her naked ass is pushed against his crotch, his dick responds favourably.

The banging sounds again, louder, and more impatient, this time. He groans.

Who the fuck was knocking?

He reluctantly moves Clara trying not to disturb her and begrudgingly climbs out of bed.

He picks up his discarded jeans from the floor and puts them on.

This better be fucking important.

He hurries down the stairs and throws the door open expecting to see Danny or Sarah standing there.

Heather

"Heather... I thought you were going to call, before you turned up here?" He doesn't hide the banal in his voice.

She sauntered in past him like she owned the place, not waiting to be invited.

"What the fuck took you so long? I've been knocking for fifteen minutes. And to answer your question I misplaced my phone yesterday after you text me. Where is she?" She demanded, he was not in the mood for her shit right now.

"She's sleeping!" he snarled back.

She started laughing at him. "Oh Colty, your big bad wolf act is amusing, don't push me I am trying to be polite right now, go wake her pretty ass up so I can introduce myself properly."

She said patting his cheek. She swayed into the kitchen flicking her poker straight blond hair over her shoulder.

You wouldn't believe this woman was in her forties, she had no lines on her face and her skin although always pale was flawless, with only a touch of makeup.

The way she carried herself, authority radiated off her. She always looked impeccably dressed, business like, today was no exception, she was dressed in an expensive navy three quarter length trouser suit which was probably made by some designer, he couldn't pronounce the name of.

She had a pair of red stilettos adding more height to her already tall slender frame.

There was a time when Colt had thought he was in love with her. There was no doubt she was a beautiful woman but he soon discovered it was just infatuation because of their bond. She never viewed him as anything other than her companion, in fact in all the years he had known her he hadn't seen her romantically involved with anyone.

She had never mistreated him which was a blessing considering how wicked and cruel he had seen her get if threatened. He had seen her bring powerful familiars to their knees with a few words spoken.

He was her familiar and she was a powerful Celtic witch, known to some as Cailleach. They had an understanding, she wouldn't get in his business unless he was in a life-threatening situation and vice versa. This was the most time he had spent with her in a long time, they normally met up every month to sort out business and practice their magic, they had found Clara on one of their meetings.

"I don't have a lifetime Colt." Heathers sharp tone shook him out of his trance. Fuck, he ran his hand through his hair in frustration. He was still exhausted, the last few days had taken its toll on his body. He wasn't used to transforming as much as he had this week.

Last night had been a shock to his system the turn had been more violent than he'd ever experienced before, Clara didn't realise it yet but when she learnt how to use her magic properly she was going to be a force to be reckoned with, a force even Heather wouldn't be able to compete with.