One Small Act pt.3

Sorry this is late; I had writers block on this. Hope you enjoyed this ThorHorse !

Y/N ~
Fingers trembling, I remove my face from my hands to see what Shawn is doing. With his back still facing me, he breathes heavily.

I warned him not to. I begged him not to. He decided not to listen and instead to believe that I would do such a horrendous thing.

He turns his head to me with the most appalled, yet dead, expression I have ever seen on someone. With his eyebrows  furrowed, Shawn closes his lips and stares at the tile floor; he's speechless.

"That's..." he started, brushing his hand in his hair," not me, y/n."  He makes eye contact with me in what feels like forever and  a surge of pity came over me. He hurt me and my wellbeing yet the love I have for him always ends up shining through the dark.

"I know it's not. I... you shouldn't have seen that..." Silence seemed like the only thing that made sense to us.

"I'm sorry. Why didn't you tell me that I did this...?"

"You didn't deserve to know, not yet."

"What does that mean?"

"Shawn, ever since that happen, I haven't been able to sleep. I haven't figured out why that happened to me, and everything seemed to be foggier than usual."

Covering his face in his guilty hands, I hear him sniffle. I want to wrap him in my embrace, but that's the last thing I should do right now.

"Y/N," his eyes were red with tears still streaming down his smooth cheeks," I'm sorry. I've never been so apologetic in my life until now." Shawn stands up and walks towards me like he has everyday before.

"Y/N--" Opening his arms to wrap me in, I hesitate and lean back, afraid of what might happen next. He stops in his steps, horrified at what he has become in my eyes. Making glimpses between his hands and my eyes, he shakes his head and walks towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask, still curious about the only guy I've loved.

"I... I can't do this. I'm petrified at myself a-and this is all too much for you and I."

"What does this mean?"

Twiddling his fingers on the door, he looks at me for the last time before speaking. "I never meant to be a monster. I, um, I'll always love you, Y/N, nothing will change that."

He closed the door and I only anticipated him to come through that door once again to comfort me. The door never opened again.