Bad Reputation pt.2

Camilalover2000

Shawn ~
       The puddles of mud, pooling around most of the ground cause me to jump from slab of semi-dry concrete to slab. If I hop fast enough, I will arrive in my neighborhood in nearly 10 minutes.

Y/N's figure catches my eye as she sits on the only dry curb in sight. With her face indulged in her hands, I slowly approach her, calling her attention. She looks up, eyes sullen, and quickly begins to walk away.

"Wait! Y/N, please. I just want to apologize," she slows down and comes to a halt, turning on her heels. I ignore her look of anger targeted towards me and catch up to her.

"Look, I'm sorry Y/N. My friends passed me the note thinking I'd laugh but I didn't. I didn't mean for you to see it." Awkwardly scratching the back of my neck, I wait for her response. Her crossed arms notion that she is not impressed. "Of course you wouldn't want me to see it. Why would you? I don't care if you wrote it or not, it was still an asshole thing to do," rolling her eyes, she starts to walk.

"I'm not denying that it was! It definitely was! I'm just saying that I don't want you to think that I wrote that about you."

"So what? That's all I've been able to think about all day. I know you never told them anything about that note because you're a bitch that just sits on the sidelines."

"Y/N, you don't have say that about me, okay? What that note said was messed up, I'm not denying it. I just wanted to apologize for what they said."

"I want to hear that from them, not you! I don't care about you," she huffed. I stopped for a moment to take in everything she said. Does she expect me to force the guys to apologize? I'm not their mother. "Sorry, I just, uh, I meant I don't care about if you apologize or not." She awkwardly coughed and began walking away, again.

"I didn't think too much about it afterwards, but you seem, like, really hurt... sorry."

She slowly nodded and lowered her head in defeat. Her feet seemed to give out as she plumply sat down on the wet curb and began pouring her eyes out like hard April showers.

Sitting down, I awkwardly rubbed her back to comfort her when all I wanted to do was hold her in my embrace and wipe the tears from her cheek. As though my thoughts transferred to hers, she leans her head on my shoulder, facing my direction.

"I don't even know why I'm telling you this," she started, sniffling," but I've just been so insecure about the way my body looks. Sounds stupid of me to even say this, never mind."

"No, I'll listen."

"Well, part of me felt good about how they said I looked good, despite the disgusting objectification. But then I started thinking about other girls and how, if it was them instead of me, what kind of disgusting things they would've said. I just can't stand the fact that they don't even care about what they're saying."

Unsure of how to respond, I nodded my head and rubbed her loose shoulders, she eased into me.

"That was a lot. I, uh, gotta go." Y/N abruptly got up and started speed walking down the road. Turning around, she shouted, since she was already thirty feet away," thanks for listening! Don't tell anyone I'm this mushy." I chuckled and stood up from the curb, trying to rub off some of the mud off of my pants.

Damn I really am slow as hell with updates on this book lol

Shawn Mendes Imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें