Christmas Brings Drama Part II

Mark was sitting on the couch. He was still surprised. It has been a hour since Sabrina said it. Kira was sitting in front of him frowning. He looked around. 

He saw Sophia showing out the last quest out the elevator. Although she was smiling, he knew that she was going to cry and yell the minute that elevator was closed.

The elevator closed and Sophia's smile disappeared. It was replaced with an angry face. She walked towards Mark and Kira. 

"Sophia you don't expect me to change my feelings, do you? You know I can't do that." Kira said and Sophia sight.

"No, Kira. I expect you to move on." Sophia said and stood up.

"Babe..."Mark started but Sophia interrupted him.

"End of discussion. Mark it is your choice, of course." She said and walked away.

As she climbed the steps, she felt betrayed. Scared even. Kira was here long before she came to town. What if Mark decided that Kira is better for him that Sophia? That would change everything.

"You should go, Kira." Mark said.

She opened her mouth to say something but he continued.

"This does not change anything, Kira." 

She can take a hint. That is the reason Kira stood up and walked to the elevator.

*********

"Does this change anything?" Sophia whispered when Mark sat  on the bed next to her.

"No it doesn't. But you should know. I have history with Kira."

"What history?" Her voice broke.

"Well, it did not work. Therefor, it doesn't matter." He said.

She pouted.

"The jealous bitch ruined my ball." She pouted.

Mark laughed.

"Do not worry. There is always next year." He said taking her hand.

She smiled. Mark closed his eyes falling asleep.

Her alarm went off signaling it was midnight.  

"Mark?" She called for him to wake up.

"Mmmh?" He said not opening his eyes.

"Merry Christmas."