It Feels Like Heartbreak

Her eyes wondered around the room until she spotted Mark sitting by his desk drinking whiskey.
"I thought you are not supposed to drink on the job." She whispered to get his attention. As he heard her beautiful voice, his gaze drifted from the glass to meet her eyes.
"Well it is not like I have a boss to punish me." He murmured finishing his drink.
"Me neither." She said trying to make a conversation.
"I've heard." He said and she noticed how lost he actually looked.
"Are you following me around? He press is still not informed about that." She asked thinking of how creepy it sounded.
"Funny. That is not why I called you. We have a serious thing to discuss, Sophia, so please quit the chit - chat." He said too harsh for her liking.
"What is so urgent, Mark?" She said coldly. Using that tone made her feel heartbroken.
"In what universe do you think it's OK to tell the press that you love me after we broke up, Sophia?!" He yelled probably being mad because of her tone. She rolled her eyes.
"I didn't want to lie to them. I feel like they should know the truth. I still love and care for you. That hasn't changed." She said feeling the need to be the only person in the room to speak up about her feelings.
"Whatever. Just do not do it again." He said raising his arm towards the door.
She knew that was the moment she had to leave.