Kira Vs. Sophia

Mark was sitting at the bar waiting for Sophia. He wanted to believe in her arrival, but it got harder as the time pasted by.

While he was freaking out, Kira was collecting every part of courage for saying hello. A pessimist part of her mind was thinking of hundred ways for this feat to go wrong. She felt her hands starting to shake, she was sweating like a pig... The list was endless. Everything was wrong. The lights, the music... But she had to do it. Now. If not now, then never. Her heels started taking her towards the bar. Let's do this.

****

Sophia stumbled through the dancing crowd inside the club Mark owned now. She was getting weird looks from girls who were all dressed up considering she was not even wearing make-up.

"Where are you Mark Dallas?" She thought both anger and desperation getting the best of her.

"Sophia. He is at the bar." She heard a drunken Sabrina say and she nodded hurrying towards the bar.

****

Kira sat next to the desperate looking version of Mark Dallas. He turned around to face her.

"Kira. Not exactly the person I was expecting." He said his voice having a lack of hope. She pouted once her brain processed who he was talking about. It was not her. Ouch.

"Sophia?" She asked and Mark nodded swallowing his drink that was, surprisingly, whiskey.

"I'm sorry, Mark, but I did not see her." She whispered thinking that he would give up on Sophia and move on to her. 

"Can you please leave me, Kira? Can't you see that the seat is reserved?" He snapped and she gasped. Moving on- not an option.

"Yeah. That seat is taken." She heard a  voice say and both Mark and her turned around. Mark's face lit up and Kira was  found dumbfounded. She could not do anything but to walk away. This was Sophia Black after all.

As she walked past, Sophia whispered loud enough for only her to hear. "And so is the man."

Damn Sophia.