Career Jump

Sophia entered Jennifer's office. The woman was already sitting by her table sipping coffee. She gave Sophia a smile once she heard the door shut.
"Good morning, Sophia. How are you?" The woman greeted and Sophia smiled weakly.
"Fine, thank you." She sat her bag down on her table carelessly.
"I hope that Mark does not look as sad as you do right now." Jennifer said continuing to flip the pages    of the magazine she was reading, not looking at Sophia at all.
"What? I have no idea what are you talking about." Sophia said giving Jennifer one of her "I am playing dumb right now" smiles.
"Darling, I am avare of  what a break up can do to the girl."
Busted.
"It's my fault." Sophia said her smile becoming a frown.
"I have problem believing in that. Mark Dallas is truly a gentleman."
With that said, the office was filled with awkward silence. How did Jennifer become a Mark Dallas expert? After a while of the silence, Jennifer spoke up.
"I have a task for you."
"What is it about?" Sophia said standing up from her chair.
"My retirement." Jennifer said still reading a magazine.
"What?" Sophia shuttered. "Why would you retire now? W has never been in a better place."
"Exactly. Plus, I picked the right girl to carry on the business." Jennifer said looking at Sophia for the first time. Something in that look made Sophia feel special.
"Me?"
Her? As a main editor of W? Wow.