Emergency

The phone rang for the tenth time. Jennifer was packing last of her stuff in a box, and Sophia could not help but wonder why her.
"Because you are the most talented person in this building. Because I saw your creations. Because W needs you." Jennifer replied and Sophia spotted her eyes were no longer cold and emotionless. The woman actually smiled at her.
Way too go, Sophia. You melted her heart. She knew one more person with that talent.
"Get him out of your head, Sophia!" Her brain screamed.
"I guess you are right." She told Jennifer. The woman smiled one last time and exited the office. Sophia finally decided to answer the phone that she tried to ignore before.
"The main editor speaking." She said to the phone.
"Hello. I am calling from Mark Dallas's office. Can I have miss Black, please?" The voice said from the other side of the phone.
"That's me. Who are you?You do not sound like Mark Dallas." Sophia said sternly and the girl from the other side of the phone laughed.
"I'm his new secretary, my name is Lisa. I'm sorry miss Black for calling so early, but he wanted to see you now." The girl apologised.
"Why didn't he call me himself? I didn't know he had a secretary.
"I am new. Can you please come today for lunch?" Lisa tried to make an appointment.
"I am afraid I'm busy. Tell Mr. Dallas I can't make it." She lied. She was not ready to see him. Not yet.
"This is an emergency miss Black." Lisa tried again. Sophia rolled her eyes. What can be such an emergency?
"What is so urgent?" Sophia asked standing up. She tried hard to avoid Mark for the past few days. And she managed. She was not going to give it up just because his secretary told her to.
"I do not know. Just come please." The girl begged.
"To his office?" Sophia asked giving up.
"Yes that will be fine." The girl said and Sophia could imagine her writing something at the paper. "OK. I'll be there." Sophia said playing with her bracelet.
"Thank you, goodbye!" She heard and she hung up.
****
Sophia did more in this few hours then her whole stay in W. She never realised that Jennifer had to do so much. It was lunch time and Sophia was in front of a large building where Mark had his office. Few minutes ago, as her high heels banged against the Wall Street sidewalk she could not help but be angry at herself for doing this. Urgent?! What can it be? Maybe it was urgent to see her. They broke up. She moved out. But she did not move on. What if Mark did not move on too? She could only hope.
She exhaled the breath she took in and entered the  building.  She pressed the elevator button and as she waited for it to come down, she looked around. The building belonged to Mark's father.

"Such an ass." She thought the minute she remembered him. What an unpleasant meeting. The elevator door opened ad she hurried inside.

Mark's office was on fourth floor. She walked outside of the elevator and spotted the secretary sitting at her table typing something in her computer. Once she spotted Sophia, a fake smile spread across her face.
"Miss Black. Mr. Dallas is expecting you." She said opening the door to Mark's office.