Chapter 25

I never actually thought that I would be going through this with my own mother. No wonder I always drew myself out of having relationships and anything of that matter. But Wesley meant absolutely the world to me, and when we finally were able to figure everything out, this shit storm came. But I knew that he was not worth just giving up on. And the atitude my mom was pulling only made me feel stronger about my plan. 

After driving for a couple of minutes she pulled over into the parking lot of some unknown hotel. She held tight into my wrist and pulled me into the room she had already checked in to. There were sereval bags, in which I assumed there were all of our clothes and belongings. It was killing me, but I just had to get out of there. Only the idea of leaving my mom, my one and only family, hurt hardly, I could feel the pain streching into every bit of my body. 

"We will stay here untill William sends Wesley off into an internate college. And don't even bother asking me which one Sophie. I'm extremely disappointed at you. I never though I would have to pull this strings at you. But know I see all the freedom I have given you lately only brought us to this breaking point. It will all be very different from now own. Believe me. I won't make your life hell, but it will get close to that if you don't obey".

I could see the anger radiating from her eyes. I never saw her so pissed of in her life. And to be completely honest, there wouldn't be such an issue in me and Wes dating. It was not like we were actually related. And our relationship started way before than my mother's. It was totally unfare what they were putting us through. 

I just nodded at her statement, trying my best to keep myself from saying and doing things I would later regret. I just focused on what I thought would be my only salvation from this crazy reality I was being inserted on. 

After what seemed like hours, my mom stated that she would go out for food. I lazily pretended to be sleepy and just stayed on the bed. This would be the perfect moment to put my plan into action. As soon as she left the room, I jumped out of bed and took my bag into the bathroom. I had plenty experience with hair bleaches, so this would be no problem. In about 30 minutes my hair was perfectly blonde and ready for the purple dye I was going to apply. And after that I just cut it extremely short, chin high. 

Quickly I dressed myself in Wesley's clothes, as I had already spent too much time. I gathered all I could fit into my bag and tried to leave the room, but somehow she managed to lock me in, of course. I don't really know how she did that, considering we were in a hotel room. But the amount of anger that emaneted from her probably made her able to pull any strings that she could have wanted.

So I got inspired by all movie scenes, where they can just so easily slip from the windows using blankets and that sort of thing. As it was the only idea that popped in to my mind, I resorted to it. As we were in the first floor, it wouldn't be such a sacrifice. So I made a "rope" using all the sheets from the bed, and firmly secured it in the bed handle. I also placed all the luggage on top of the bed, so it would be as heavy as possible, being able to support my weight. And with my bag in hands, I slowly descended through the rope. I was scared to the very bottom of my soul, but I didn't see any other or easier way out.

As soon as my feet hit the floor, I started running towards the street. I got the first cab that appeared and started calling Wes's number. It would keep going straight to voicemail. I couldn't get a reach of him. And suddenly it hit me that I had to idea where  I was going. And I had no clue where to go. William could be taking him to any place in the entire world.