Chapter 10

It's been a week since me and Wes are together, and so far it has been the best week of my life. Now my life is back to normal, I pay attention to the classes and I don't spend the entire day alone. Wes was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I got back home after a regular day at school and my mom was sitting on the living room. She is never home at this time of the day. "What's up mom?" I asked, "Seat down sweetie, we have to talk" she said, and I got very worried. I sat down and asked "Mom what is going on?", then she handed me a letter.

Sophie,

I know I left you and your mom and I am aware that both of you will never forgive me. I put my carrer on top of my family, and I shouldn't have done that. I regret having done that more than anything. I know apologies won't change what I have done, but all I ask is for one more chance, so you can see that I have changed.

I'll be waiting for you forever, here in Atlanta. Please give me this chance to make it up for all I caused in your life.

My truth apologies,

Dad.

I had already tears on my eyes. I can't believe he is apologizing and asking me to go see him. Should I give him this chance? He caused me a lot of pain and left serious scars in my life, but it seems like he is really sorry. "What should I do mom?" I asked her. "That is up to you honey. I'll support you in whatever you decide to do" she answered me and pulled me into a hug. "But what about school?" I asked, "You are in the middle of it, you would have to finish it there" she said, and confirmed my biggest fear. I would have to leave.

I went upstairs to think about what should I do. I missed my dad, he was funny and smart, but I always thought I would never be able to forgive him for what he did to me and mom. But I believe everyone deserves a second chance in life, specially when they deeply regret what they did. And after all, he was still my dad. But in the other hand, I would have to leave all my friends, my mom, and Wes for 6 months. That would be hard.

After a while thinking about everything, I decided. It was the best thing for me to do. I called Wes.

* Phonecall on*

Wes: Hey sunshine, what's up?

Me: Hi baby, I just need to talk to you.

Wes: Ok, go ahead.

Me: No, I need to see you.

Wes: Ok, I'll take you to dinner today. I'll pick you up at 8.

Me: Alright, see you then.

* Phonecall off*

It was already 7, I had an hour to get ready. I showered and washed my hair. Then I blow dried it and curled it. I applied some eyeliner and mascara. The I went to my closet to pick something nice and cute to wear. After trying a couple of outfits I decided to wear my black tight skirt with my flowy white top. I paired it with some also black sandals and a brown small bag.

I heard the doorbell. So I went to the door and it was Wesley."You look gorgeous babe" he said and kissed me. "Thankss, so do you" I said and we walked to the car. We went all the way to the restaurant listening to Wes songs, and he showed me one called "Love will be there", and he said it was for me. I even cried, the lyrics where beautiful and I couldn't believe he had done a song for me.

Then we arrived at the restaurant, it was a very beautiful place and it looked pretty expansive. Wes asked for our table, and a lady walked us to it. "This place is very nice Wes, sure is not too much?" I asked."You deserve much more than this princess" he said.

So after we ordered our meals I spoke up."So, you are not going to believe this. My dad sent me a letter apologizing for having left me and asked me to go visit him". Then Wes said "OMG baby, really? And what are you going to do? You will forgive him?". Then I answered nervously "After quite a while thinking about it I decided I will. After all he is my dad" I said and he smiled. "But, he lives in Atlanta and I will have to finish school there, which means 6 months out there" I said with watery eyes, and his smile faded.