Chapter 17

We called an ambulance and me and William were in the ambulance with him. My mom was coming with William's car. I couldn't stop crying, how could this be happening to him?

We got to the hospital and the doctors took Wes to the operation room imediately and told us to wait on the waiting room. I was still crying on my mom's shoulder, I love him so much I can't loose him. We waited there for about 5 hours, when a doctor came to tell us the news.

"You all are Wesley Stromberg family?" he asked. We all just nodded. "So I'm here to tell the operation went well, we took off the bullet and reconstructed the bleeding artery. But, he is now in a coma and we cant' tell when of if he will ever wake up" he finished speaking. I started crying like I never did before, and just left and went outside and started screaming. I just threw myself on the floor and cried endlessly.

After about an hour trying to stop crying I called Keaton and told him what happened, he started crying over the phone and told me he was coming to the hospital. I sat on the floor and just kept wondering why this happened. He is young and perfect, why?

I managed to stop crying after one more hour, so I went to his room to see him. I got to the door, but I couldn't get in. Something inside me kept stopping me from getting inside. I started crying again, anyone could probably hear me sobbing from over a mile away. It seems like my world is falling. It actually did already fell. I sat on the floor on the side of his door and just kept crying there.

After a while Keaton arrived, he sat next to me and cried with me. We cried and cried, for the rest of the night we sat there without saying a word, every time we tried we started crying again.

When it was almost 4 a.m. I said I was going home to change and that I was coming back in about an hour. I took a taxi to my house, still crying. There I took a shower, in which I almost drowned on purpose, but then I realised what I was doing, so I stopped myself. I wore some sweatpants and a white tank top and a black beanie. I grabbed my teddy bear and my guitar and went back to the hospital.

I got there and I went to his room. I took a deep breath and I came inside. I imediately started crying again. I asked my mom and William if I could have some time with him, so they left the room.

"So Wes, here we are. Not my dream scenario. Actually the scenario of my worst nightmare. How could this be happening to you? I.. I..." I was crying so hard I could barely talk "I love you so much. So much, so much. And now my life is over. The love of my life is laying in a hospital bed, unconscious. But, if you hear me, know that I love you more than anything, and that I will be here for you forever and ever. I'll never let you go. Never. I got you my teddy bear, so you can always be sleeping with me. And I never sang to you before, but know I think is the best way to express myself to you" I finished saying, still crying a lot. I grabbed my guitar and started singing softly.

(PLAY THIS SONG NOW, IS IN THE MEDIA BOX)

I walked across an empty land

I knew the pathway like the back of my hand

I felt the earth beneath my own feet

Sat by the river and it made me complete

Oh simple thing where have you gone

I'm getting old

And I need something to rely on

So tell me when you're gonna let me in

I'm getting tired

And I need somewhere to begin

I came across a fallen tree

I felt the branches of it looking at me

Is this the place we used to love?

Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?

Oh simple thing where have you gone

I'm getting old

And I need something to rely on

So tell me when you're gonna let me in

I'm getting tired

And I need somewhere to begin

And if you have a minute why don't we go

Talk about it somewhere only we know?

This could be the end of everything

So why don't we go

Somewhere only we know?

Oh simple thing where have you gone

I'm getting old

And I need something to rely on

So tell me when you're gonna let me in

I'm getting tired

And I need somewhere to begin

And if you have a minute why don't we go

Talk about it somewhere only we know?

This could be the end of everything

So why don't we go

So why don't we go

This could be the end of everything

So why don't we go

Somewhere only we know?

"I love you, please don't go".