Chapter 10

The next day you woke up to multiple voices. You slowly sit up in the bed and saw the four boys that caused you pain and made you dread going to school everyday. You sit up and look at them with a questioning look. Ashton looks at you and smiles. He walks over and says, "Good morning Sunshine!" You look at him and smile. The other boys just waved at you.

You: "Not to sound rude or anything, but what are you guys doing here?"

Michael: "Well, we wanted to see you and make sure you were doing good."

You heard Luke mumble: "I don't want to be here..." and Calum then slapped Luke on the top of his head.

You: "Oh... Okay. You guys probably have stuff to do and I don't want you to think that you have to spend the day here in this crappy hospital."

Calum: "Well... we kind of have a surprise for you..."

You: "Oh... Yeah? And what would that be?"

Calum: "Well-

Michael: "We are going to take you out for the day!"

Calum: "You didn't have to cut me off!"

Michael: "But I wanted to say it and you were taking foreverrrrrrr."

Calum just looks at Michael and flips him off. You look at Ashton and say, "Really, are you going?"

Ashton: "Yeah we are all going. Michael, Calum, Mr. Grouchy, and I are all going."

Everyone cracks up besides Luke and he just stands up and walks outside the door. When he is gone you say, "He doesn't have to come along if you or he doesn't want to...I mean I understand that he hates me and everything."

Michael: "Don't worry about him, Delilah. He is just a big asshole sometimes. I think he just feels bad. I hope that one day you can forgive us."

You: "One day..."

Calum: "Okay, well lets get you dressed and ready to go."

Ashton hands you a small bag of clothes and you quietly thank him, and you head to the bathroom. You looked into the bag and immediately started to panic. He brought you a short sleeve shirt and skinny jeans! What was he thinking?!?! You were just so shocked. You got dressed anyways and cracked the door and poked your head out and whispered Ashton's name. He came over and you pulled him into the bathroom. You said, "Ashtonnnn... you brought me a short sleeve, my scars are going to show. And you brought me skinny jeans, everyone is going to see how skinny and disgusting I look." Ashton replies with, "You look perfectly fine Delilah. No one is going to mess with you if we are around. I promise..." You sighed and both of you walked out of the bathroom. Michael and Calum were staring at your arms and legs and you could see the concerned look in their eyes. You hide behind Ashton because you are embarrassed.

Michael: "Delilah?"

You: "Yeah?"

Michael: "I just want you to know that you look beautiful. Even though you look really skinny it's okay... we will be there. No one is going to say one rude thing. I promise you..."

Calum: "You look amazing Delilah. I promise we will take good care of you. No one is going to even notice... I promise you. You're going to blend in..."

You grab Ashton's hand and you guy's head outside the door. Luke isn't there so you guys continue down to the main lobby of the hospital so that they can check you out for the day and everything. Once they have you signed out, you guys have to start looking for Luke. After about 30 minutes of looking you guys gave up and headed to the car. You followed behind everyone not knowing what to do or whereto go. Calum spots Luke and jogs towards him while we all keep the same pace as before. You guys all hop into the car. It's Calum and Luke in the front andAshton, Michael, and you in the back. You are still holding Ashton's had and you are really nervous. You look down at your wrists and see all the scars that you have. You release Ashton's hand and start tracing your scars. You feel how some of them are dented in and some of them are puffed out. It's really gross.You just keep looking at them, remembering how you got each of them. Tears start forming in your eyes and you try and hold it in. Ashton sees this and grabs your hand and then leans in and whispers into your ear, "Scars are scars, Delilah. Every single one of them has a story. You are beautiful... don't forget that." You look at him and smile then lean onto his shoulder.