Chapter 13

As you guys were getting closer and closer to the hospital, your anxiety just got higher and higher. You really didn't want to go back. You didn't want to have to deal with everyone there. You just didn't like the hospital at all. You hated everything about it. As you guys were about to turn into the hospital, Calum turned into the mall that was right next to it. You sighed in relief and were actually kind of happy that you didn't have to go back. Ashton looked at you and said, "Did you really think that was the end of our day?" You softly nodded and then got out of the car. You grabbed Ashton's hand and you felt like you couldn't walk. You hated the mall... all the kids from school were always here and you hated that. You knew you were going to run into someone. You didn't want to. What would they say? What would they do? They would see how skinny you were; they would see your scars and cuts. You couldn't go in there. You just couldn't.

Ashton: "Are you okay Delilah?"

You: "I-I c-can't go in t-there."

Ashton: "Why not?"

You: "Everyone from school goes here. I just- I can't go in there."

Calum: "Delilah, it's going to be okay... trust me."

You just shook your head. You didn't believe that it was going to be okay. It was going to be really bad... really, really bad.

Michael: "What's the real reason? Please be honest with us or else we are going to drag you in there."

You: "T-they are going to see h-how I-I r-really am..."

Luke: "Here, you can wear my jacket... that will cover your scars, and kind of cover how skinny you are... and all that will really be seen is your legs... but we will be there with you. Trust me, no one is going to mess with you."

You: "But my legs are the skinniest part about me..."

Luke: "Delilah, you are beautiful. No one is going to say anything. As long as we are around, no one is even going to try to mess with you and if they do we will beat them up. Come on... let's at least give it a try."

You nodded and Luke took his jacket off and helped you into it. You grabbed Luke's hand and Ashton's hand. You were really scared. You guys start slowly walking towards there. Right as you guys were about to walk in... you froze again. Your anxiety was through the roof and you felt like you couldn't breathe. You took a couple deep breaths then slowly started walking in.

It was really loud in the mall. You didn't like it. Right as you guys enter you see their big group of friends (all of your bullies and a couple of random people). They all look at you and wave you guys over. You stopped.... You couldn't go over there. You were going to get beaten up for sure. You knew you were screwed. Luke motioned for them to go and you two stayed back. You could hear them talking about you, you could hear the names they were calling you. Ashton, Michael, and Calum fought them off as best as they could. Trying not to cause a scene. The big group started to head over and you were completely shocked.