Chapter Twenty-Two

"I'm happy to have you boys. You can stay for the whole summer. We've already got Dean and Hermione. I'll tell everyone," Mrs Weasley said whilst smiling. The boys smiled back at her. "All kids who are upstairs, come down now. I have a surprise," the woman yelled up all three staircases. You could hear seven pairs of feet stumbling down the stairs. In burst Ginny and Dean (who were holding hands), Ron and Hermione (also holding hands), Fred, George and Percy. "Harry! Draco!" Everyone yelled in excitement. The Slytherin and Gryffindor went round and gave everyone hugs. "Okay let's sort this out. Percy you're by yourself. Ginny, Dean, Fred and George you're all together. Ron, Hermione, Harry and Draco you're also together. Everyone okay with that?" Mrs Weasley said firmly. All nine heads nodded as they split into their rooms. All four teenagers sat on their beds. They all talked, laughed and joked for hours.

*Time skip to Hogsmeade station*

As soon as the gang (Harry, Draco, Hermione, Ron, Ginny and Dean) stepped off the train they noticed something wasn't quite right. Hagrid wasn't there to collect the first years. They all thought this was weird but decided to put it aside. "Fuck," Draco mumbled. "What's up Dray?" Harry's asked, squeezing his fiancé's hand. "This is our first time with Snape as headmaster," the pale boy replied. All six of them stopped in their tracks. Harry told them that they had to be strong. For Dumbledore's sake. However, nobody realised just quite how strong they would have to be. All six teenagers crammed themselves into one carriage. The rumble of the wheels was relaxing as they entered the grounds. Once they were inside, Draco and Harry hugged (and slightly kissed) each other goodbye. Then the Gryffindors went one way and the Slytherin went the other. All throughout the feast Harry and Draco were either talking to friends or staring at each other. Then it was speech time. Snape stepped up behind the golden owl and started speaking. "Hello students. The first thing I want to say is that I'm sure some of you a disappointed that I'm standing where he stood. Well, I'm honoured to be here. I miss Albus very much. I tried everything I could to save him," Snape said proudly. "Bullshit," Harry muttered to himself. "My first duty as headmaster is something very important. Everyone in their seventh year will be resorted," he announced. Instantly, everyone was angered. "Anyway let's get right to it. You will sorted in pairs. The first pair is Susan Bones and Hermione Granger. Please follow Professor McGonnagol " he said before sitting down again. The two girls climbed up and followed professor. A minute later they returned. Susan looked happy but Hermione looked upset. Susan returned to the Hufflepuff table whilst Hermione trudged over to the Ravenclaw table. This didn't particularly come as a surprise. She was the brightest witch of her age. People went in and out of that room. They either came out happy and returned to their original house or trudged to their new house. Gryffindor gained around ten new students. One of them being Luna Lovegood. "Harry Potter. Draco Malfoy," Snape called out. The boys climbed off the benches and towards the small room. Harry sat on the stool and waited. Without the sorting hat barely touching his head, it's screamed Gryffindor. Okay. Good, Harry thought. Then Draco sat down. The hat was placed on his head. It thought for a while and after a minute it announced the house. Gryffindor. Both Harry, Draco and Minerva were surprised. The boys weren't exactly upset. Draco leaped up and hugged Harry. He had a huge smile on his face. "I thought you'd be disappointed," Harry said. "Why would I be? One, I'm in the same house as my fiancé. Two, it's another thing to piss of Lucius," he replied, kissing Harry. They walked out of the room hand in hand. Both of them walked towards the Gryffindor table and sat down. As soon as they were seated muttering erupted. Slytherin's whispers were the loudest. The boys didn't care though. They were happy to finally be together no matter what. Five minutes later, everyone was dismissed. Draco, Harry, Ron, Seamus and Dean bundled into their room. Draco's trunk and new Gryffindor robes were at Neville's old bed. Longbottom was moved to Hufflepuff which again wasn't very surprising. "How does it feel Malfoy? You're in the Gryffindor common room. This is your new home," Dean mocked. "Well firstly Dean call me Draco. As you say this is my new home and I'm sharing it with you. Secondly, I'm happy. I'm with Harry no matter what now. What could be more perfect?" Draco replied. He went over to Harry's bed and laid next to his fiancé. Dean sulked on to his bed. Ron was also upset. It was understandable though. His girlfriend, that he'd been fighting to get with for six years, had been moved away from him. "It's alright Ron. Gryffindor have loads of classes with Ravenclaw. You can always hang out not in lessons," Draco told the ginger reassuringly. Ron nodded and thanked the boy. Then the five boys just sat and talked. Draco was curled up next to Harry with the raven-haired boy's arm wrapped protectively around him. Harry placed a soft kiss into Draco's softly ruffled hair. Both boys could get used to this.