Chapter 26

Will's eyes are truly tortured.

"Moira," He husks, his voice low and his expression twisting in existential pain. "I asked you to come with me tonight for selfish reasons."

"What?" I gasp. "Are you kidding, Will? What you did was incredible." 

"I mean, what I'm doing right now is wrong," Will continues. "I told myself that I was helping you, that I wasn't going to let my feelings get involved. I was lying to myself, but I can't lie to you."

I'm too stunned to answer, so we're both quiet.

"I have feelings for you, Moira," Will's voice is anguished but all I can hear is my pulse slamming in my ears. "Feelings that are too strong to deny and completely inappropriate given our situation. I want to apologize for putting you in this position. I shouldn't have said anything, fuck."

Hearing him cuss is hotter than he realizes. Everything he's saying, in fact, has me hot and bothered. 

Will turns his face up to the sky to take a few slow breaths. 

"I have feelings for you too, Will," I'm barely able to get the words out. "And I'm done apologizing for-" 

Will's lips brush mine as our mouths move in a tender kiss that sets my whole body ablaze. 

My lips part in a surprised gasp as his hands cup my jaw to deepen our embrace. His thumbs tenderly stroke the hallows of my cheeks as his tongue slides over my teeth in a sensual swirling motion that sent shivers into my bottom. 

As far as first kisses go, it was intoxicating. Soft lips. Sweet breath. A stolen moment. I didn't want it to end.

"That was amazing, Moira," Will pulls away still holding my face in his hands. "And it can't happen again."

"Why?" I blurt.

"You know why," he whispers against my lips. "I'm your teacher. You could get kicked out of school and I could get fired. We cannot do that again until you graduate."

"So, we're friends, for now?" A smile builds on my still-tingling lips.

Will pulls me in for another hug.

"Friends, for now," He whispers into the top of my head. "We should go back to the car before you freeze."

Will stands up and offers me his hands to pull me off of the log. 

A mixture of disappointment and desire feel as if they are weighing down my legs but together, we slog through the damp sand toward the boardwalk. 

When we've reached his car Will pulls me into his body once more. 

I know he's going for an innocent embrace, but I can help myself and I push my lips to his. 

The deep vibrations of his tormented moan send shivers into my core as Will kisses me like he can't get enough. 

My head is practically spinning out of control when he pulls away (again). 

"This is going to be really difficult," Will pants sheepishly.

I can feel the heat of his desire in his breath fanning my face. 

"Yup," I agree. 

The drive home is fantastic. We chat like old friends without a single lag or break in our conversation. It's weirdly freeing to know that Will has listened to my ugliest secrets and none of it fazed him in the slightest.

"One forty-three Glenview Drive right?" He asks, still laughing at my story about the time I tried to adopt one of the raccoons that lived under my grandparent's porch.