Chapter 41

My shift at Mike's flies by in a floaty blur with every spare mental minute spent brainstorming outfits for Tag's show or jotting down ideas for my future. 

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but being with Will makes me feel like I can do anything. Like all of my years of hard work and sacrifice are finally paying off in the best possible ways possible. 

On my bus ride back to Keri's house I'm finally able to check my phone. 

'Hey, hot stuff!' I grinned as I read Tag's short series of texts. 'There r 3 tickets waiting 4 u @ the box office of the Showbox Theatre. Can't wait 2 c u!'

My thumbs skim my keyboard in response. 

'Thank you.' I texted him. 'I'm so excited!'

'Girl,' Tag's response was so lightning fast that I giggled out loud. 'Wear something sparkly! I wanna c u shimmer like a 💎 baby girl.'

'Copy that 💎😆✨,' I reply as my mind spirals.

I'm not sure I own any shiny or sparkly articles of clothing. My entire life strategy has been to blend into the background. I design eye-catching clothes, of course, but they're worn by other people. 

As soon as I get to Keri's house I beg to borrow something a little flashy and we delve into her closet. We're roughly the same size but my C-cup breasts tend to overwhelm most shirts, which has me worried when she starts pulling out bra tops. 

"This little number," Keri holds up a teeny weeny corset with herringbone reinforcements in between the sheer panels. "Is gonna make your boobies look amazing!" 

"No, thanks," I wrinkle my nose to size up her option. "I don't think that's going to cover my areola." 

"And that's a problem, why?" Keri scoffs. 

"Because I'm not trying to give everybody a free show at Tag's show!" I cry out. 

Keri harrumphs and tosses the periwinkle shirt into the corner and continues to dig through her hangers.

"Shut up!" She exclaims a few seconds later. "This is it, Moira!" 

Keri leaps up to thrust a creamy cable-knit sweater into my arms. 

It doesn't look like much on the hanger, but the shoulder and breastbone cutouts show just enough skin to make it sexy. The soft material clings to my waist without overemphasizing the heft of my breasts. 

Keri loans me a pair of giant crystal-covered hoop earrings that make the light dance whenever I move to complete the look and we move into the bathroom to work on our hair and makeup.

"Do you think tonight's the night?" Keri eyes me in the mirror's reflection.   

I stop applying liner to my waterline and straighten up. 

"I don't know," I nibbled on my bottom lip. "I wasn't trying to plan out the first time we have sex."

"Yeah," Keri shrugs and swipes her lashes with another coat of mascara. "Better to just let that happen naturally. As long as you two have the talk about protection first. Don't do what I did, Moira, and just assume that Fitzwilliam is being responsible with his peen." 

Keri had an excellent point and no matter how hard it made my tummy flip and cheeks burn, I was going to need to have a conversation with Will. At the rate we were going, I could lose my virginity by the end of the week, but we hadn't talked at all about protection. 

I've never been on birth control because I've never had a need for it, and an unexpected pregnancy or a sexually transmitted infection could potentially derail my future plans (not to mention, our relationship).