Chapter 47

"I never should've let Keri talk me into this," I muttered into my boobs.

The series of complicated clasps had bested me, yet again. It didn't help that I was trying to cinch my waist into the thing backward so I could fit my breasts into the generous balconette bra.

Christmas Eve snuck up so fast that I barely felt ready for my big date with Will, but in reality, I had weeks to plan.

Why didn't anyone tell me that you also needed ample time to figure out how your lingerie works (and maybe an owner's manual, too)? Lord help me if Will tried to get the complex torture device off my body.

This was all Keri's fault, really. She's the one that dragged me into that Victoria's Secret at the mall and insisted that this satiny contraption would make Will 'sit up and beg for it.'

Now I had my doubts. I mean, I was stuck in a literal booby trap.

Not even my seamstress fingers could navigate the teeny-weeny fishhooks up the back of the black satin bodice.

So I grabbed my iPhone off my bed to call my best friend.

"Hey," she picked up immediately. "What's up?"

"I can't figure out my underwear!" I grunt while trying to shift the material to keep it from digging into my hip flesh. "And if I can't figure it out, there's no way Will's going to be able to!"

"Don't panic," she says. "You are a college graduate, Moira! You're just going to have to suck it up and figure it out."

"I have my AA!" I point out. "Apparently, you need a BA or maybe even an MA to get into this stupid POS."

"Fancy acronyms won't save you," Keri deadpans. "You can do this. Take a breath and Google it."

"I'm not going to ask the internet how to put on my underwear," I groan.

"Moira, you are a big girl," Keri tells me. "You can do this. Did you pack protection, just in case?"

"Yes," a blush darkens my cheeks. "I got a variety pack of condoms like you recommended, for an assortment of sizes, and, ahem, shapes."

"Good girl," she chuckles. "No excuses, safety first."

"Got it," I giggle, temporarily forgetting about my underwear woes.

"Then go have lots of safe sex with that gorgeous man!" Keri shouts playfully into the phone. "What are you doing talking to me? Good luck, girl! Oh, and Merry Christmas!"

She hung up on me before I could even thank her (or wish her happy holidays), so I went back to wrestling with my convoluted undergarments.

I deeply regret my decision to get ready alone when it comes time to do my own makeup. 

Ultimately, I opt for a less is more approach and play up my long eyelashes with several coats of mascara and some coral lipstick. Will's family is a part of Seattle Society, and I don't want to tart myself up too much and give everyone the wrong first impression.

Then again, Rory may have already done that for me by spreading malicious lies about our relationship.

Shoving away my anxiety, I step into my gown for the event.

The guest attire is going to be formal and I've chosen a calf-length dress that fits tight to my top and billows into a pleated A-line that swishes whenever I move. The ethereal peach fabric has gold thread woven throughout to sparkle when it catches the light.

I've already thrown a change of clothes, my toiletry bag, and a brush into a small tote, so I pace the living room in my bare feet to wait for Will. Dangling in my fingers are the kitten heel sling-backs I plan on wearing to the wedding.

A jolt of electricity makes me jump a good foot in the air when the doorbell pings.

This is it Universe, please don't screw this up for me.

I slipped my shoes on before opening the door to find a studly Hollywood stunt double in a deadly tuxedo.

The midnight blue and black satin lapels of Will's suit perfectly complemented his bejeweled eyes while molding to the sculpted muscle of his devasting body.

Will's magnetic smile split the sexy scruff on his squared jaw to make my knees go weak.

His sharp inhale, on the other hand, had me second-guessing my outfit.

"Is something wrong?" I glance down to inspect the front of my dress.

Within seconds, Will stepped up into our trailer to cup the back of my head and crushed his full lips to mine with a desperate moan.

I sank into the kiss, melting against the firm lines of his chest to really savor the passion pulling us under its spell.

Excitement and lust ignite like a sparkler at my core, shooting warm tingles into my bloodstream. The swirl of his tongue is unraveling my mind as a broken sigh escapes my lungs.

When we pull apart, Will is panting as his eyes rake my body before locking on to my gaze.

"You look stunning, Moira," he whispers with a surreptitious smile. "Absolutely exquisite."

My cheeks are burning from the carnal glint in his gorgeous eyes.

"I'm a lucky man," Will husks.

I thread my fingers through his silky hair, to pull him in for an ardent kiss.

Will's throaty groan sends shivers into my soul and I tilt my head to open my mouth and taste more of his intoxicating passion. His hands are everywhere as if he's trying to memorize every inch of me.

"We need to leave if we're going to make it to the church on time," he rumbles against my lips.

"Sure," I sigh and cover his mouth for one more heady kiss. "I just need to get ready."

Will freezes and I pull away to check out his dumbfounded expression before bursting into a fit of giggles.

"Don't worry," I tell him. "I just need to get my coat."

"Oh man," he laughs heartily. "My family is going to love you."

I grab the faux fur-lined wool trench coat I found at an upscale consignment store with Keira and grin at him.

It feels as if Will's expressive eyes are staring into my soul as he approaches to take the coat out of my hands. 

Wordlessly, he holds it out so I can slip into the satin lining. Folding the camel-colored flaps over my torso, Will binds me in a backward hug that pulls me into his chest.

"I can't wait to show you off," he mumbles into the crown of my head.

My pounding heart woke up those pesky butterflies to swarm my chest in a thrilling flurry.

"I can't wait for Christmas Eve with you," I turn and give him a frisky kiss.

Will presses his forehead to mine and pulls me into another heated embrace that ends all too quickly.

"You have no idea what you do to me," his horse chuckle tickles under my skin.

"I have some idea," I wink and nip at his full upper lip to tease another gravelly moan out of him.

"You're right," Will declares. "We should leave before I cancel all our plans so I can take you home and unwrap you for Christmas."