Broken, and healing - a Jonathan Toews fanfic

I looked into my bag, making sure i didn't forget anything. My week in Calgary must be perfect.

"Hurry up! We're going to miss the flight!" My sister screamed.

Does she have to be so loud? We live in an apartment the whole floor probably heard her...

"Girls, be careful," my mom said. "Mackenzie, take care of your little sister." She smiled, gesturing towards me.

Mackenzie rolled her eyes. "Alex is already nineteen!"

"Well, you're twenty four, and I'm expecting responsibility with this trip!" She warned.

"Mom, relax. We'll be fine. I know its our first trip alone together but we're still going to be in Canada. I'll call you." I promised.

We put our luggage in the taxi and drove to the airport.

"I hope the Leafs game is on the plane." I say

"I hope Americas Next Top Model is!" My sister exclaimed.

I shook my head. I mean, you gotta love the leafs! We're Torontonian! I love hockey. My favourite team would have to be the Chicago Blackhawks. Chicago seems like such a wonderful place. Especially the United Centre.

We boarded the plane, and my sister turns to me.

"I have a surprise for you." She gushed.

"A surprise? What for?" I asked.

"Well, its Christmas...its our first trip alone...i wanted to do something special... SO I GOT YOU TICKETS TO A HOCKEY GAME!"

My jaw drops open. No way."SHUT UP!" i yell. "The Hawks at Flames game? No way! I love you I love you!" I jumped.

"Shh shh Alexandra calm down, people are giving us elevator eyes..." Mackenzie whispered glancing around.

"Sorry!" I whispered. "I'm just so excited!! Thank you!" I hugged Mackenzie. This trip is going to be great!