Chapter16

I walk into the room, and the chef's jaw dropped.

"What?" I asked. "Is this too much?"

He shook his head and smiled. "Its suitable."

I look down at my sleeveless light blue dress which falls up to my knees. It had a cute floral print to it. I really do like how comfortable it is. On top of my dress, i wore a cream coloured cardigan with tiny pockets. I had on my white keds. I smoothed out the wrinkles and sat down on the bench.

Sophia entered again. I raised my eyebrows. She's wearing a VERY low tank top and very tight leggings.

She smirked at me then ordered, "Start playing! They'll be here anytime now, and you have to sound natural like background music. Don't draw attention to yourself."

I ignored her extremely rude attitude. I just need to absorb into my music, nothing else matters. This is the only reason why I'm doing this.

I clenched my hands into fists, then relaxed. It always helps. I start out playing "Romance sans paroles" by Faure. It's a moderate romantic piece with expression and a very massive middle part, which is the climax.

As i played, people started filing in. I didn't pay attention to them. I ran my fingers along the keys, playing every note with my heart. I block out the noise, only focusing on the music. I reach the climax, and I'm increasing in dynamics and speed. Rubato. Stolen time. I finish the piece with the sweet and soft melody. I lift my head and notice how quiet it is. I turn around and a group of boys stare at me wide eyed. One of them starts clapping and soon, the room erupts with applause.

"Alex." Jonathan says.

"Oh." I realized.

The hawks. They're the special guests. Jonathan walks over to the piano and sits on the right side of me. I slide over, making room.

"You play beautifully."

"Thank you."

"When you told me you played piano for years, i didn't expect anything so full of emotion, i find this...incredible."

I looked down and felt my face grow hot.

"Thanks" i said. The awkwardness between us subsided and suddenly, i felt as if our quarrel earlier was silly and embarrassing.

"You know...Saad plays piano too," Jonathan grinned. "Cmon Saader, play us something."

I got up from the piano bench and Saad sits down. He started playing "mary had a little lamb"

I looked over at the boys, and they were losing it. Saader is hilarious.

The boys eat, and i play some more. I'm in a much better mood, and ended up playing a whole bunch of jazz. I was playing The Jet Song from West Side Story when a tap on my shoulder interupted me.

"You were supposed to keep under the radar," Sophia hissed. "You're such a slut. They're NHL hockey players. You think they'd go for you?"

I shook my head.

"Look, Sophia. I'm NOT trying to get their attention. Ive met the team a few times, and the LEAST that we could be are friends. Ive never once thought about dating one of them."

"Ha!" She scoffed. Don't even pretend to be all subtle. You're wearing a dress!"

"I had to respect the guests." I said simply.

"I want you to leave. Your pay is $100," she said handing over a roll of bills. "Leave."

I took the roll and shook my head at her. As much as i wanted to stay, i had to go. I had no say in this because I'm just the performer. I walked towards the door, and i hesitated. Should i say bye to Jonathan? He's leaving soon... i turn around and scan the room finding Jonathan. There he is with Shaw, Kane, and...Sophia? Sophia is bent awkwardly, flirting with Jonathan, and i swear half her boobs are showing. Jonathan is smiling and laughing at something she's saying. He glances up and sees me watching.

I flee from the scene. Really? All it takes is a pretty face? Sophia had on pounds of makeup, I honestly don't see what's so good about her. Sure she's pretty, but she's rude and mean. She'll get rid of anyone in her way just to get what she wants.