Chapter 43

*Alex's P.O.V.*

Jonathan has his arms around me. My heart is beating so fast. I turn my head to the side, and i find my face only inches away from his. I feel his warm breath on my cheeks. I turn around, and his hands are around my waist. Jonathan drops the hockey stick, and it makes a clattering noise against the ice.

I wrap my arms around his neck, and he moves closer. Are we going to kiss?

I want to kiss him. To feel his soft warm lips against mine. I move closer, and close my eyes.

Our lips touch. It's like fire and ice at the same time. His soft warm lips are cold against mine, and i move my hands to the back of his neck. He deepens the kiss, and i don't break away. This is what i want. There isn't anywhere i want to be right now than here, and I'm so happy.

We both break apart slowly, both of us not wanting the kiss to end. We're both slightly out of breath, or noses touching. None of us speaks. I stare into his deep brown eyes, never wanting to break his gaze. Jonathan breaks the silence.

"Woah." He breathes.

I lean in and kiss him again- this time just a soft peck. His lips are just so soft, i wanted to feel them again. I never want to forget that feeling.

"Woah." He says again.

I smile, and hug him, leaning my head on his chest. There i could hear his steady heart beat. It was fast, just like mine. I could feel his strong arms around me, and i knew i was safe here. He would never break me or hurt me.

I pull away and take his hand.

"When do you have to fly back to Chicago?" I ask him.

"Tomorrow."

He looked down when he answered.

I know we both don't want him to leave. But it is what it is, and neither he or I can change that. I sigh.

"I know, Alex." He stopped skating and took both of my hands. "Long distance relationships are hard, but we can make this work, i know. I've never felt this way about a girl before, and I'm willing to try anything. We can email, text, call, and even use snail mail. Just promise me you'll try." Jonathan pleaded. He reached into my pocket, took out my phone and looked into my phone book. There i had 'Jonathan Toews' but it only had his email.

"You never gave me your phone number." I tell him, "Promise me whenever you can, fly back to Toronto."

He types in his number.

"Always." He says, "I will always come back to you, I promise." He kissed my temple.

I look up at the big clock.

"I had so much fun today." I smile up at him.

He grins. "This place is always open to you." He reaches into his pocket and gives me the keys.

I open my palm out, and he closes my fingers over the keys.

"We should get going." He says, noticing the time as well.

I nod. There was no need for words. We walked out hand in hand, silence being our only friend.

what do you guys think if their first kiss?