Chapter 81

*Jonathan's P.O.V.*

I'm 26. Is this the time to get married?! No! So why does my mom want me to find a girl so badly?

I sigh into the phone.

"Mom, I already have a girl that's special to me. I love her. But she's still in University, and now is just not the time! When the time comes, i will ask her."

"Okay, but at least bring her home! It's been one year of you two dating, and all I've heard is stories about her!" Mom sounds tired.

"Alright, alright. Both of our schedules are tight. Alex is back in Toronto, and I'm on the road right now. I promise, once things settle down, I'll visit with her." I say.

"You better! And don't tell me settling down is after the season finishes...." she trails off, knowing very well that that's what i mean.

"Yes mom, sorry. Alex will have summer vacation too! It'll be perfect. I gotta go now, Pat's giving me the evil eye. Bye, mom!" I hang up before she has the chance to say anything.

"Jeez, Jonny boy. Is that mum of yours begging for you to marry again?" Pat asks.

"Yes. It's just not the time. I mean helloooo, does she not know it's playoffs?" I wave my hand around.

Pat laughs, "Don't be a drama queen."

i scowl at him. "You won't understand. It's not like your mom is on your case all the time."

"I have three sisters. They spend all their time fussing about them!" Patrick chuckles.

"It's been steady with Alex. I'm going to wait until she's out of school and gets a job." I smile.

"Man, you're marrying that soon?" Patrick asks.

"I'll be twenty-nine then. That's not early, if not, the perfect time." I grin, thinking about Alex. I wonder if we'll have children.

"Oh would you stop grinning?" Patrick jokes.

"Well what about you?" I ask. It's not everyday Pat talks so serious about the future.

"I haven't found the right girl yet..." Patrick trails off.

"Don't worry, when the right one shows up, you'll know." I slap him on the back.

He nods, looking distant.