Chapter 41

After droping off my purse and getting my skates, we drove to Jonathan's house in Toronto. I changed out of my jersey, Jonathan had suggested i wear something warmer- i am sick after all. I put on his Hawks sweater and my Hawks hat.

"Here it is!" Jonathan says, proudly gesturing towards the huge house.

"Damn." I say. It was the biggest house i have EVER seen.

He held out his hand. "Let me show you the rink." He says.

I take his hand, and he leads me in the house.

The front doors were large twin doors. Inside, there was a room for your shoes and boots. I smiled as he told me wear to put my jacket. He's so neat!

He lead me in further, and i saw high ceilings, glassy chandeliers, and a nice staircase.

"The staircases lead to the bedrooms." He says," the rink is right in here." He pats a closed door.

"Is it ready?" I ask.

"Before we came, i asked my people to Zamboni the ice and make it nice." He says. "That rhymes." He notices.

I laugh, "Zamboni the ice and make it nice." I repeat giggling.

"Come on, open the door." Jonathan urges.

I pull open the heavy doors, and gasp. This place is beautiful. The rink is surrounded by marroon coloured boards. The glass is infused with Christmas lights, making the dim room alive. There is a HOME/AWAY score board, a timer, and even a big screen. There are two hockey nets on either side of the rink.

"This is..." i trail off, losing my words.

"...beautiful." i say at last, even though it is far more than just beautiful.

He chuckled quietly, "I come here for a retreat." He says. "When i want to be alone, this is the place i go to. No one knows that i own this house except for my dad and mum." He says.

"Wow..." i say, losing my words once again.

"Now you know." He says taking my hand in his.

"Let's skate." I say.

I laced in my figure skates, and he laced up his hockey skates.

I pushed open the gate, and stepped out onto the ice. Oh how wonderful! I spread my arms out wide, and laughed. I skated freely, crossing when i reached the corners. I look back at Jonathan. What's taking him so long?