Chapter 76

*Jonathan's P.O.V.*

I feel so bad. Pat is my best friend, a brother. At a time like this, it's me who he needs most. Yet, it seems like i don't know what to say. Pat never cried when i talked to him. We hugged, and i consulted him, but he didn't show much emotion.

When he and Alex talked, he cried. He let go of everything, and just broke down. God, seeing him like that, makes my heart just break. I'm so glad that at times like this, Alex is here. She stayed up until midnight, just so she wouldn't wake Pat.

I tip toe and peek into Alex's room. She's still sleeping. Patrick was too. We had an optional skate today, so I let it go. He needs the rest.

I spread cream cheese on a few bagels, and wait for them to wake.

Alex wakes first. She walks into the kitchen, her hair pulled up in a ponytail. Her bare neck and collar bone was exposed, making me want to kiss her. But at a time like this? No. Now i just feel selfish.

"Morning." She yawns, revealing dark circles under her eyes.

"You look tired." I say.

"Yeah. But think about Pat, he'll be even worse." She shakes her head.

"Aw jesus. I hope he'll be alright." I rub the back of my neck absent mindedly.

"I know he will. He's strong." She sounds so sure. I hope she's right.

Just then, Pat walks in. He looks weary, but Alex looks more tired.

"Morning Pat." I clap him on the back.

"You feeling alright?" Alex touches his arm.

She's been more affectionate with him ever since his grandfather died. I'm not jealous. Right? I mentally slap myself. How could i be jealous at a time like this? That's just selfish.

Pat nods, but Alex doesn't seem convinced.

"I have something to show you after breakfast." She announces to him.

I know its the songs. I wish she did something like that for me. Not that i want my grandfather to die. Oh god. I'm feeling so off today. What's wrong with me? Right when Pat needs me most, I'm getting jealous of nothing. I shake my head. I need to rethink things.

"I'm heading out for a run," i tell them. "Feel better Pat."

Part of me doesn't want to leave them alone, but i need time to myself. How did i turn myself into this person? At least Alex doesn't know. I dont show it.

A/N: sorry, really short chapter! If you guys aren't already, read these two stories: Dream A Little Dream (such a good one!) and Baby Blues and Indian Feathers (KANER FANFIC LIKE GIRL) Thanks for sticking with me! I'm figuring out something now  so stay tuned!!