Chapter 28

I knock on Vivian's door.

I hear shuffling from behind the door, and she opens it. Her face lights up when she sees me, and she ungulfs me in a humongous hug.

"Can't breathe." I choke out.

"Oops, sorry!" She says sheepishly. Then she notices all the hawks merch in my hands. "What's this? Have you been shopping for NHL merch without me?" She asks.

"Um, no....well yes. I actually went to a hockey game in Calgary!" I say.

Her eyes widen. She pulls me into her dorm, slams the door, and sits me down on her unmade bed. "Tell me everything!" She squeals, "And does this have anything to do with the SOMEONE you met?" She adds curiously.

"Okay, okay," i say excitedly. "I went to the Hawks versus Flames Game," i started.

"OH! I watched on cable, honey Hawks lost." She added.

"Right," i say. "So i had amazing seats, behind the penalty box. When Andrew Shaw came into the box, yes THE Andrew Shaw, the puck became loose, and ta-da!" I whisked out the puck from my bag and plopped it on the bed.

"NO WAY. OH MY GOSH, ALEX, I SWEAR THE NEXT TIME YOU GO ON VACATION, YOU ARE BRINGING ME WITH YOU." Vivian basically yells.

I laugh. "Oh that's not all," I say, "After the game, the bus wouldn't come. I mean, who knew that buses in Calgary didn't run at night? So Mackenzie wouldn't pick up her phone, so i decided to wait at the bar. I ordered a chocolate, turned around, and BA BAM do you know who's standing there?" I get all up in her face for fun, causing her to roll her eyes and laugh.

"Who? What? Where? When?" Vivian plays along.

"JONATHAN FREAKING TOEWS." I say.

Her face morphs into this weird 'AreYouKiddingMeYouMustBeJoking' face. She stares at me wide eyed, and aghast, so i continue.

"He knocks over my hot chocolate, so I'm like who does this guy think he is? Then, he so graciously bought me another one, and we talked a little. HE THEN DROVE ME TO THE HOTEL! To the very same one that he was staying." I look over at Vivian, watching her reaction.

"What?! You guys were staying at the same hotel?!", she gaped at me. "You rich girl!" She accuses playfully.

I shake my head and add, "Travis." That's when she nods her head in understanding.

"He gave me this...." i say, struggling a little to pull out the signed jersey.

"WOAH," Vivian exclaimed, "He even signed it and everything! It's huge!" She wonders.

"He actually wore this one to the game..." i found myself blushing.

"ALEXANDRA MOTT, DON'T YOU BE LYING TO ME GURL, " She sasses me. "You better tell me more, what's THIS?" she pulls out Jonathan's Blackhawks hoodie.

"Oh that's actually Jonathan's." I say, "He let me keep it for now, until i see him again...." i trail off. When will i see him again?

"Alex! You go off for a week and you have the best days of your life! Really though, next time, I'm coming." She winked.

"Of course. " i smiled.

I decided i wouldn't tell her more. I mean, Vivian is the type of girl you can freak out to, not the kind that will cry with you if something very terrible happened. But she does know about the accident, and the only friend that i am close to.

"Alex?" She asks carefully, "You seem much better after this trip. You're okay?" She asks.

"I'm okay," i smile. As the words leave my mouth, Vivian leans forward and hugs me.

"Good." She says. "I can't let anything happen to you again." She whispers.

I release her, sit back and look at her. She's matured and grown so much, it's unbelievable. From the time that i shut her out, 3 years ago to now,she's changed. I guess I've been blocking too much out, not noticing until now.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, "I blocked everything out, i never mean to do that on purpose. I'm finally opening up, and i can see what you had to deal with these past years." I say.

"No, don't say sorry." Says Vivian. "I'm so SO glad you're better, and so thankful for it. The important thing now, is to enjoy life the way it is. This trip really changed you, you know that?" She asks.

"Yeah." I answer.

"Who? Who changed your mind?" She asked.

I stayed silent. I bit my lip and stayed silent.

"Too soon?" Asked Vivian.

I nodded.

"Its okay." She said.

I nodded again. "Do you want to come see my dorm?" I ask quietly.

"Of course i do." She smiled.

And with that, we walked together two doors down.