Chapter 26

I close the door. I tear open the envelope, and read:

Dear miss Alexandra Mott,

We are pleased to inform that dorm #1609 is now available! You can arrive anytime prior to this month. The key will be given to you at the main office, and mail will be delivered to your dorm every two days. We look forward to seeing you here! Have a lovely winter vacation!

Sincerely,

Head and Deputy of U of T,

Rosaline Bishop

AHHH! This amazing! I finally have a dorm room! I picked up my cell phone and dialed Vivian's number, my best friend.

"Hey hey hey!" She picked up.

"Hey Viv, it's me!" I say.

"Hey! How was Calgary? Man, i do NOT want this winter vacay to end." Says Vivian.

"It was great! I met someone oh my gosh, you won't even believe it! I can't wait to see you at school!" I squealed.

"Wait wait wait... back it up. Who did you meet in Calgary? Honey you need to come see me right away. I need the details girl." She laughed.

"Okay, okay, i need to pack before i come down to the dorms though...because THEY FINALLY CLEARED UP A DORM FOR ME!" I yell  into the phone.

"YES! it's about time they did! What dorm number are you?" She asks.

"1609." I answer.

"Eh a little far from mine, I'm at 1605 but you know..." she trails off.

"What?! We're two doors away from each other? Man, this is great! I'll meet you in your room very soon, just let me pack." I say.

"Okay okay hurry!" She says, before hanging up.

This is so great! Now, Vivian and I can study together, talk about things, and even watch hockey games together! She is a HUGE Boston Bruins fan (ugh).

I pack huge boxes of things and decide I'll probably move the rest of my stuff later.

I probably look like an idiot, hauling a suitcase, two bags, and a few boxes on the subway.