Chapter 37

We show the security our passes, and they let us into the lockers.

"Alex!" Andrew sees me and grins. "Good to see you again!" He looks over at Vivian. "Who's this?" He asks me.

I smile. Is he interested? "It's my best friend Vivian." I answer. Vivian then walks over and they start talking about hockey. Something about getting organized. I don't know, because I'm looking for Jonathan.

"Hey," I hear Jonathan's voice from behind.

I turn around, and there he is, already changed amd showered. "Nice goal," i winked. I felt better around him.

He smiled. "It was for you." He looked down and blushed.

Seeing the blush creep up his neck, i felt my heart go heavy. My heart started to beat faster, and i smiled.

Right at that moment, i knew what to do. I don't care if he was flying back to Chicago in a few days. I liked him, a lot. Being with him is what i want. There's no hiding away from the truth, Vivian's right. I take a step closer to him. I slowly slip my hand into his. I look up and grin at him. His face morphs into the largest smile ever. He lit up like a Christmas tree. He entwined his fingers with mine and pulled me closer.

"Your hands are so warm." He whispers.

I shake my head, my hair falling into my eyes. "It's nothing." I assure him.

Something uneasy crosses his face. Worry maybe? As fast as it came, the expression was lost.

"Does that mean we're together?" He asks.

"Hmm, define 'together'." I say, glad that he didn't ask about my fever.

"You like me, and I like you." He says after he thinks for a while.

"Well that depends." I look up at him, "I like you. Do you like me?" I ask.

He smiles, and it reaches his eyes. "We're together." He laughs. "We're together!" He says louder.

"Shh!" I laugh. Patrick and Andrew are laughing at us now. I shake my head and smile. We're together.

Right there, in Jonathan's arms is where i belong.

Suddenly, my head starts hurting again. The room is spinning, and i pull away from Jonathan.

"Alex. What's wrong?" I hear Jonathan say, distant.

The room is swaying, and i feel strong arms around me. The second those arms lift me off my feet, everything goes black.