Chapter 38

*Jonathan's P.O.V.*

There she lay, eyes closed on the hospital bed. What happened to her? She felt very warm and hot. Did she have a high fever? I remember her lifeless form as i carried her to the car. She's so small and fragile. I shake the scary thoughts out if my head. I took my fingers and very lightly traced her features. Her long eyelashes, her high nose. Her strong eyebrows, and her soft lips.

I hear a knock on the door, and i stand up, the chair screeching. I wince. I'm so clumsy around her, even when she's sleeping.

"Are you family?" The nurse asks me.

"No, I'm her boyfriend." I say. Her boyfriend. It has a nice ring to it.

The nurse nodded. "Alex had an immensely high fever. It was 40℃ , very dangerous. It was a miracle she didn't fry up. The doctor gave her some antibiotics and released some fluids. She should be fine now, but her body is weak. She needs to drink a lot of water, and she needs to rest. Take her out of school for a few days." She instructs me.

"Yes m'am." I salute.

She smiles. "Take good care of this one." She says.

"Of course." I answer seriously.

"When Alex wakes up, the doctor will check on her. She'll be free to go if she's okay." She says.

"Thank you," i say, "it's much appreciated."

The nurse nods, and leaves.

I sit back down on the chair and stare at her like I've been doing all night. I've never felt this way about anyone before.